Glinda's Request

(Glinda's POV)

(Glinda's POV)

It's been a few days since Elphie had the panic attack when we went to town, and I am glad she is doing better. I am hoping that maybe Momsie and I can convince her to go with us to town just for an hour or two. I go across the hall to her room, and find that she isn't there. I sigh and head downstairs. She is probably in the library.

“Excuse me!” I say to two maids I see working on cleaning the floors. “Yes Lady Glinda?” They ask standing quickly and curtsying. I give them a polite nod in return. “I was wondering if you had seen Elphie? I checked her room, but she wasn't there.”

“Last I saw Miss Elphaba she and your father were headed to his study. They appeared to be having quite the discussion about politics.” One of the maids responds and the other nods. Funny, but it is then I realize that they are twins. I smile and giggle a little, and they give me an odd look. “Oh! Sorry!” I say grinning at them. “I just realized you two are twins.”

“Yes.” They say in unison. “We are, but why is that amusing?”

“It's not, but I do find it interesting. I am sure it must be fun being a twin. I mean, think of the fun tricks you can play on people by switching places.” I say excitedly. They exchange looks and grin. “That is true, but you see we aren't really-” On of them begins to say and then the other cuts her off and finishes. “Into playing pranks, but our other two sisters are.”

“You have more sisters?” I ask in wonder, and they nod. “Yes, we do. You see we aren't actually twins.”

“I mean we are, but we aren't.” The other one says before her sister nods and goes on. “You see we are actually quintuplets.”

“Quin a what's?” I ask confused and they laugh. Just then I. Startled by another voice. “Quintuplets. It means there are five of them.” It's Elphie! I turn and smile at her and see she is with Popsicle. “Elphie! Popsicle!’ I say giving Elphie a kiss and then hugging Popsicle. “How did you know what quintopples are?”

Popsicle, Elphie and with maids begin to laugh. “Glinda, it's quintuplets, not quintopples. I know what they are because I have read about them, and I have met some before.”

“Oh… I should have known.” I mumbles and turn back to the maids who had gone back to cleaning. “So you have three more identical sisters?” I ask, and they shake their heads. “No.”

“But Elphie just said quintuplets means five!” I protest. “It's does.” They say together.” But we have two more sisters and a brother.” That's it! I'm completely confused at this point, and I shake my head not quite able to follow. “Alright, if you say so.” I look at the twi- I mean, the quin… quintubles or whatever they are and smile. “Thank you ladies for your help.” They smile and curtsy. “You're welcome!” They say in unison.

I turn to Elphie and Popsicle. “Excuse me Popsicle while I take Elphie away. I would like to speak with her for a bit alone.” He nods and smiles. “Of course, my dear.” He looks at Elphie. “Thank you for the help concerning my upcoming meeting. I can honestly say I feel as if your advice could really help settle this deal”

“It was my pleasure, Highmuster.” She says smiling, and then she takes my hand and I lead her off.

(Elphaba's POV)

Glinda and I walk out to the gardens, and to say the least they are sort of well, brown, but not in and ugly way because there is some color from the trees whose leaves are changing. The air is cool and has a crisp smell to it. I take Glinda's hand and just smile as we walk. “Hey Elphie?”

“Yes, my sweet?”

“I wanted to talk to you about something.” Glinda says leading us to the gazebo in her garden. “What is it?” I ask as we sit down. She adjusts her skirt before looking at me. “The other night when we went to town you had a panic attack.” I nod. “Well, I was sort of hoping that… that maybe you could try again?”

“Try what again?” I ask narrowing my eyes at her. She fidgets. “You know, going to town.” I quirk an eye in and go to object, but Glinda doesn't give me a chance. “Please Elphie! Just one more time! I really want you to join Momsie and I on a shopping trip.”

“No!” I say quickly. “I despise shopping, and you know it!” I stand up and go to leave. Glinda hops up and grabs my arm spinning me around to face her. “Elphie! Please! Please! Pleeeeease!” She begs and then she gives me puppy eyes. I glare at her determined not to give in.

I can see her frantically trying to think of something. “Elphie, if you go to town with Momsie and I we can go to a book store and get you several new books.”. I think for a moment and shake my head. “I don't think so.” I begin to walk away. “Go to town with us and not only will we get you new books, but I will purchase a book of your choosing that I will read.”

“Hmmm.” I turn around and face tapping chin and thinking. This could be interesting. It would almost be worth it. “You would purchase and read any book I chose?” I ask just making sure, and she nods. “Yes! Absolutely! Any book of your choosing.”

“Very well. I will accompany you and Lerena to town.” I smirk, and suddenly I am deaf and struggling to not fall over, because Glinda lets out a squeal that would be heard in Munchkinland if we hadn't of been in the gazebo, and jumps my determined to squeeze the life out of me.  “Alrighty! Alright!” I say trying to pry her off me. “Glinda! Stop! Please! I need air!”

“Oops!” She giggles blushing. “Sorry.” I shake my head taking a few deep breaths. “It's… it's okay, my… my sweet.” I say smiling and lean over kissing her. She returns the kiss and smiles. “Come on Elphie, Momsie will be ready to leave.” She says grabbing my hand and leading me back to the house. I just sigh and shake my head. “Let's just get this over with.”