Misunderstanding and Confusion

(Elphaba's POV)

(Elphaba's POV)

I slowly open my eyes and blink. Looking around I realize I am in my room, and it's dark. How in Oz did I get here? Last thing I remember was being in  town with Glinda, her mother, and Bessie, and we were at a dinner. I begin to notice  my face hurts and so I shift a little so I can get up when I bump into something. What the? I quickly sit up and sigh in relief when I realize it's Glinda. I smile and watch her a little as I lay back down. She shifts a little and snuggles closer to me, and wrap my arm around her planting a soft kiss on her head. I don’t want to go back to sleep and so I just lay there holding Glinda close. “I love you, my sweet.” I whisper. After a bit I doze off again. I awake slightly when I hear someone come in, and voices whispering. “Good morning darling. How is Elphie doing?”

“She seems to have shifted some in the night.” I hear Glinda whisper. “I woke up with her cuddling me. Upon hearing Glinda I slowly open my eyes and blink a little against the sunlight. “G-Glinda?” I whisper hoarsely, and immediately Glinda comes into view. “Hey, beautiful. How do you feel?”

“I- I’m hungry and thirsty.” I whisper. “M-my face also… also hurts.” She nods. “I’ll have Bessie get you something to eat and drink.” She looks up and I hear Bessie say she will be back soon with something, and then she turns her attention back to me. “Elphie, Momsie is going to help me clean the wounds on your face.”

“Wounds?” I am confused and slowly touch my face and hiss in pain as as I brush my cheek. Glinda moves my hand away from my face. “Don't do that!”

“Why not? It's my face!” I snap. “I know it's your face, but if you go touching your face you will open the burns that have already begun to close, and you don't want to do that now do you?” Glinda says sounding like she is talking to a child, and then she pats my head. Wait! What? She pat my head? She pat my… head! Freaken Oz! She pat my HEAD! Not acceptable! I growl and without thinking slap her! She stumbles back and stares wide-eyed in disbelief at me. “I AM NOT A CHILD! STOP TALKING TO ME LIKE ONE, AND DO NOT PAT MY HEAD!” I yell.

“I didn't talk to you like you were a child.” She mumbles and rubs her cheek. Lerena comes over. “Glinda. Elphaba.” She says firmly. “That's enough! Now, Glinda, I'll clean Elphaba's wounds and you go get her something to wear.”

“Yes, Momsie.” Glinda mumbles and goes to my closet.lerena turns her attention to me. “Elphaba, she is right you shouldn't touch your face right now, and even if she did talk to you like a child, which she did, please don't slap my daughter. Now hold still this may sting a little.”

“Yes, Ma’am. I'm sorry.” I mumble and hold still while Leren begins to apply the medication to my face. HOLY SHIT! IT HURTS LIKE CRAZY! I flinch and swat her hand away. “Stop!” She moves her hand away and sighs. I take the medicine from her, get up, and go over to the vanity. “I'll do it myself!” I say and look at my reflection. I just stare for a moment. I look terrible, and I haven't had burns like this since… since… I shake the thought away and apply the medication.