An Unexpected Trip

(Glinda's POV)

(Glinda's POV)

I stopped counting the days since being ban from seeing Elphie. I do know that it has been awhile because the seasons are beginning to change, but I don't care. All I want is my Elphie back! I sigh as I stare at myself in the mirror. “Glinda, you look terrible! You need sleep.” I say to myself as I rub my temples.

Just then there is a knock at that door. “Come in!” Bessie enters with a letter she hand to me. “I’m sorry Lady Glinda, but this came for you.”

“Thank you Bessie.” I say taking the letter and opening it. I read through and let out a sigh mixed with a growl. “Just great!”

“What is it?” Bessie asks looking concerned. I look up and roll my eyes. “It’s from Averic.”

“Didn’t you leave him in charge of Oz?” She ask making a face, and I nod. “Yes, and now he is begging me to come help him out of a mess that he made! I should have known better than to leave that damn idiot in charge!” I slam down the letter and storm over over to my closet. “Bessie?”

“Yes, Ma’am?” She pauses and look at me.

“Please inform Popsicle that I will not be accompany him on his trip next week.” She looks at me questioningly and I go on. “Let him know I have to make a trip to the Emerald City. If he asks the purpose let him know the Lord Averic requires my council, and I cannot delay.”

“Yes, Ma’am!” She says dropping a curtsy.

“Thank you Bessie.” I give her a small nod, and she smiles and leaves.

Once Bessie leaves I grab my night clothes and head towards the bathroom. I come back out an hour later and go straight to the vanity, open one of the drawers and rummage through it, and eventually take our several medications. Sighing I open them, take out several of each, down them with some water, and place the bottles back in the drawer. I know it isn’t the best thing to do, but it is the only thing that is helping me, and even then it isn’t doing much.

I then head over to bed and settle in for the night. Packing will have to wait till the morning. I bury my face in one of the pillows and cry myself to sleep like I have every night since being banned from being with Elphaba.

Morning came entirely too soon, and I am awaken by Bessie knocking on my door. “Lady Glinda?” She opens the door. “You need to get up and get your things packed. We have to leave here in less than two hours if we are to make to the train!”

I shoot up out of bed. “Two hours!” I say panicked. “How am I supposed to be packed and ready to leave in two hours!?”

“Don't worry, Glinda.” Bessie says closing the door after she comes in. “While you get dressed and get breakfast I will work on packing your things.” I give her a grateful smile. “Thanks Bessie.” I say grabbing a gown that would be suitable for the trip and head to the bathroom.

I get bathed and dressed in record time, and have a quick breakfast before Popsicle, Momsie, Bessie and myself are headed to the train station. “Thank you for accompanying Bessie and I to the station.”

“Galinda, darling,” Momsie says just as she had when I had boarded the train to Shiz, “you know we would want to, and besides your father has a train to catch not long after you.”

“Oh. I right… I forgot you headed out today as well.” He nods. “Yes, and I will be gone for several weeks. How long will you be gone for?”

I shrug and shake my head. “I honestly am not sure. From what I gathered from the letter Averic sent he has got himself in quite the predicament. I am just not sure what he expects me to do to help him,” I sigh, “but I feel as if I should try and find a way to aid him.”

“Well, hopefully you can help him out.”  Popsicle says as well arrive at the station, and we get our things unloaded. “You have a safe trip, dear.” Popsicle says and hugs me.

“You too. I hope your negotiations go well.” I return his hug and turn to Momsie and hug her. “I'll will send word as soon I arrive to let you know I am safe.” No matter how old I am I can see the worried look in her eyes. She had the same look the day I left to head to Shiz. “You had better young lady!” She says in fake stern voice, and I chuckle. “Keep her safe Bessie.” Momsie says turning to her. “Make sure Glinda has some fun while she is back in the Emerald City, and just constantly working.”

“I will Ma’am.” Bessie says giving her a smile and nod if her head.

“All aboard!” The engineer yells, and Bessie and I quickly head towards the train. We give board, find our compartment, and get our overnight bags tucked away.

“Well, here we go.” I say quietly looking out the window as we leave the station. Bessie nods. “I never thought we would be heading back to the Emerald Palace after you stepped down.”

“Neither did I.” I continue to look out the window and sigh. “I miss her.” I say quietly. “And leaving her like this again, even when I can't see her had me worried about what might happen to her while I am gone.”

Bessie, bless her heart, takes my hand and gives it a reassuring squeeze. “Elphie will be okay. They haven't done anything to her. She is still safe, and will be. If they intended for her to disappear they would have done so by now.”

I look at her. “A-are you sure?” She nods. “Very sure. You have been gone many times and each time you have returned she is still at the cabin.”

“But how can I know that? I haven't seen her!” I object, and Bessie rolls her eyes before responding. “Old Jake has seen her a couple times when he has gone past the cabin, and I know he won't ever lie to you. Especially when it is about Elphie. He knows how much she means to you.”

“You thinks so?” I look up at her and she smiles. “I know so. Now why don't you try and rest. Who knows what rest you will get once you are there.” I nod. “Alright, and thank you.”

“You're welcome Glinda.” Bessie smiles, and settle in the best I can to try and get some sleep.