Finding the Perfect Gown

(Lerena's POV)

(Lerena's POV)

"Glinda, darling, time to wake up." I say giving my daughter a gentle shake and a kiss on the cheek. She mumbled incoherently, and I chuckle. "Glinda, please wake up!" I say giving her a little harder shake.

"Five more minutes." She mumbles curling up pulling the blankets tight around her.

"No. You must get up now and get ready to go, or you will be late for your bridal gown appointment." That does the trick.

She sits up quickly, her hair a mess and bubbly air about her. "Why didn't you say so in the first place?" She scolds a little giggling like a child. "How much time do I have to get ready?" She practically falls off the bed trying to get out of it. 

Chuckling I go help to untangle her from the blankets. "Relax my dear. You have about an hour before we are meeting Bessie and Victor out front. Then we are all going to have breakfast at the small diner just down the street, and afterwards we shall go to the bridal shop."

"Yay!" She squeals and begins digging through her bags dropping outfits on the floor. "I can't wait! I must find the perfect outfit! This is going to be such a splendiferous day!"

"Yes, my darling, an absolutely splendiferous day!" I chuckle picking up the outfits she tossed on the floor. "Hurry and get yourself bathed and dressed. Time is ticking!" 

As Glinda gets ready I finish getting myself ready, and as I begin to work on putting it up there is a knock at the door. 

"Lady Upland?" It's Bessie.

"You may come in Bessie." I say and smile at her through the mirror as she does. "How are you this morning?"

"I am quite well, Lady Upland. How are you?" She asks coming over to me. "Here allow me to do your hair."

"I'm doing well also, thank you." I say and allow her to start doing my hair. I figured no use in fighting her.

"I wanted to inform you that Vincent will have the carriage waiting for us in about ten minutes." She says and smiles at her work. "There! Finished!"

I look at myself in the mirror and she managed to wrangle my hair into an elegant yet almost simple looking bun. "Thank you Bessie. It looks wonderful!"

"No worries!" She says brushing off the compliment. "I enjoy doing hair and really your hair is much more manageable than Glinda's." She chuckles.

"My hair isn't that bad!" Glinda says in a huff as she enters the room. "She just thinks Elphie's is better because she doesn't argue over a hairstyle if she does her hair!"

"Elphaba doesn't ever want crazy complicated hairstyles unlike you!" Bessie retorts.

I quickly intervene before things can get heated. "Alright that enough you two!" I say with the heir if authority I have as Mother and lady of the house. "Weust be going or we will be late. Now out the door both of you, and be nice!" I smirk as both mumble their replies heading for the door.