Never Gonna Let You Go

(Glinda’s POV)

(Glinda’s POV)

I sit by Elphie’s bed watching her, and feel absolutely horrible. I know it’s my fault she is laying there unconscious. She has a bandage wrapped around her head with nasty purplish blue bruise that can just be seen around her right eye and down the side of her face from the horrid cut she had to have stitched up over her eye. It makes me want to cry because aside from the bandage on her head her left arm is in a cast that runs all the way to her shoulder. The doctor said she had broken it in several places. Elphie also has various bruises, bumps and scrapes covering her, and not to mention the burn marks that she has from the rain. Thank goodness that I had found her! The doctor said had it been even ten minutes later she likely wouldn’t be her, and even now he said she is fading quickly.

“Elphie, my wicked, mean green thing,” I cry a little gently taking her good hand. “Please wake up! Don’t leave me!” I whisper. The doctor said if she should wake up it is hard to say if she will be okay. He said Elphie has a severe concussion and could have brain damage. I don’t know what I will do if that happens. I cry even more. I wish there was some way I could tell her just how I feel, and just how sorry I am.  As I look at her and her suddenly it seems as if the words come to me, and so I quietly begin to sing.

I was as wrong as I could be

To let you get away from me

I'll regret that move for as long as I'm livin'

But now that I've come to see the light

All I wanna do is make things right

So just say the word and tell me that I'm forgiven

You and me, we're gonna be better than we were before

Loved you then but now I intend

To open up and love you even more

This time, you can be sure

I'm never gonna let you go

I'm gonna hold you in my arms forever

Gonna try and make up for all the times

I hurt you so

Gonna hold your body close to mine

From this day on, we're gonna be together

Oh, I swear this time

I'm never gonna let you go

Lookin' back now, it seems so clear

I had it all when you were here

Oh, you gave it all

And I took it for granted

But if there's some feeling left in you