Tea Time

(Bessie's POV)

(Bessie's POV)

It's been a few days since Elphaba has had her accident and has finally been allowed to get out of bed, and she has been doing good so far. She and Glinda are sitting in the library, and I just finished cleaning their rooms when I head down to the kitchen to get them some lunch. "Hello Bessie." Cook says. "Hello. I was wondering if you had Miss Elphaba and Lady Glinda's lunch ready?"

"I will have it just as soon as their tea is ready." She says, and another maid comes in. "I got the tea for you." She says handing Cook a brown sack. "Thank you." Cook says taking it and adding a scoop or two the water. "As soon as it steeps it will be ready. It will take a couple minutes."

"That's fine." I say and help get some dishes for the food. "What kind of tea is it?" I ask as I begin to plate the food. "It's an exotic kind that I got the other day." Cook says, and pours some into the teapot that she had set out before placing it on the tray. I smile. "It smells good. Almost minty, and yet not at the same time. Does it taste like mint as well?"

"I don't know." She says. "I haven't tried it. I'm not really a big tea drinker, but I know Lady Glinda and Miss Elphaba like it, and so I thought I would get them something different."

"Hopefully they enjoy it." I say with a smile as Cook hands me the tray. "I hope so too. It would be a shame if they didn't." She smiles. "Let me know what they think of it!" She calls as I leave the kitchen. "I will!" I call over my shoulder.

I enter the library and smile as I see Elphaba leaning against a chair reading while Glinda is sitting in the chair playing with her hair. "Excuse me, Miss Elphaba. Lady Glinda. I brought you lunch."

"Thank you Bessie." Elphaba says setting her book aside, and Glinda helps her up. I set the tray on the table, and begin to serve them lunch.

After I get their lunch served I step back and clear my throat a little. "Excuse me?" They look up at me. "Yes, Bessie?" Elphaba says, and I take a deep breath. "I wanted to ask you both if you would please forgive me for what happened a few weeks ago. I never should have said what I did about Lady Glinda. It was not my place to speak up as I did." I look at Glinda. "Lady Glinda would you please forgive my outburst and behavior?"

She is quiet for several minutes and I'm afraid of what she may say, but eventually she nods slowly. "I... I forgive you Bessie. I also need to ask your apology."

"For what?" I ask surprised. "For dismissing you, and also for being mad at you. I have had time to think about what happens, and I know that you weren't saying what you did to be mean, but to protect Elphaba."

"Glinda, I-" She raises a hand cutting me off. "Bessie, you were right I should have told her what happened between Chuffrey and I. Even more so after Popsicle and Momsie allowed Elphie and I to be a couple. It isn't a secret that we shouldn't have even if we weren't together at the time." She looks from me to Elphaba. "The point is, we both still loved each other, and I did, in a sense, cheat on her because I knew that, and worse yet I was only with Chuffrey because I was desperate. I am sorry I let that come between our friendship. And Elphie, I am sorry I told you I wanted you dead. I never meant it, and I know I hurt you deeply, and so I would like to ask for you both to forgive me, please?"