Masquerade Preparations

(Glinda's POV)

(Glinda's POV)

“ELPHIEEEEEE! WAKE UUUUUP!” I sing in a loud song song voice as I burst into her room, and jump on her bed. “Today is the day of the Masquerade!”

“Glinda, I don't give a rats ass that today is the Masquerade!” I hear an annoyed growl as she rolls over to glare at me. I just giggle. “Well, someone is grumpy this morning.” I says kissing her forehead quickly and just dodge a hit from a pillow.

“Someone is entirely too perky and excited over a stupid party!” Elphaba rolls back over curling up. Giggling I shake her. “Elphie, dear, you are entirely too grumpy today! Today is supposed to be a happy day filled with fun and festivating!”

“Festivating is not  a real word!” She growls. “Maybe I wouldn't be grumpy if a certain blonde hadn't spent most of the night talking non stop about how she was going to look for the Masquerade, and who she hoped was going to attend said Masquerade.” I see her glaring at me. “You’re no fun!” I huff. “I know festivating is not a word, but I think it sounds much more fun that just saying festivities.”

“Glinda, is there a reason you continue to pester me, or are you just looking to get beat?”

“Elphie, you need to get up and help me get ready.” I say shaking her again as I notice she had rolled over and closed her eyes again. How rude! I think. “Elphie!” I say again louder.

“Glinda before you shake me again would you answer me one question?” She says not looking at me. “Of course!”

“Glinda, what time is it?” She mumbles, and I think with a shrug. “I don’t know, but I don’t see how that is relevant right now.”

“Glinda just find out and let me know!” She growls, and I sigh as I look for a clock. I return to her and smile. “Elphie, it is three thirty in the morn-”

“YOU WOKE ME UP AT THREE THIRTY IN THE MORNING TO HELP YOU GET READY FOR A STUPID PARTY, AFTER HAVING ONLY GONE TO BED ABOUT AND HOUR AND HALF AGO?!” She is sitting up now and has a very frightening look about her. Suddenly I am seriously re considering my idea of having woke her up. “E-Elphie, d-dear.” I say trying to not sound scared of her right now, which was hard to do when those dark eyes look even darker and are full of anger. She almost looks wicked. “It really isn't a big deal . You could-”

“NOT A BIG DEAL!? I HAVE BEEN ASLEEP FOR LESS THAN  TWO HOURS! GLINDA UPLAND GET YOUR ASS OUT IF MY ROOM BEFORE I THROW YOU OUT!” She sends a small blast of power towards me and vase explodes that is on a table next to me. I jump up with a frightened squeal and race out of her room.

(Elphaba's POV)

I finally arrive in the dining room at about eight o’clock for breakfast. The Uplands are already eating, and Highmuster and Lerena look at me and smile while Glinda avoids eye contact. Good. She knows I'm not happy with her. I think to myself. “Morning.” I say as I take my seat. “Sorry I am late.”