Witness to Love

(Jake's POV)

(Jake's POV)

I finally catch up to where the carriages are being housed. Unfortunately I hadn't gotten there in time to see where they put the carriage I had seen, and because of how many workers there are it has been parked already. I spend almost the next two hours looking for the carriage, but can’t figure out which one it is, and so I return to the house via the garden paths.

As I walk along I spot Glinda and Elphaba, though Glinda won’t know that she is with Elphaba, and smile. I can’t help but linger a bit just out of sight. I know I shouldn’t, but I want to see her reaction to the proposal and to finding out she is has been with Elphaba this entire time.

I watch quietly as Elphaba pulls out the ring and takes a knee, and stifle a laugh at the bewildered confused look on Glinda's face when she sees her guest on one knee. Her face changes though after she hears the proposal and Elphaba removes her mask, and grin when she says yes.

As the two hug I come out of where I had been hiding in the shadows. “May I be the first to congratulate you both on your engagement?” I say and both women jump startled. “I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you.”

“You didn't really. Just surprised us.” Elphaba says grinning as she holds Glinda with an arm around her. “Besides, I am glad you saw.”

“You are?” Glinda gives her an odd look.

“Yes I am.” Elphaba says smiling at her. “If it wasn’t for Jake I wouldn’t have been able to pull this off.”

(Glinda’s POV)

“What do you mean if it wasn’t for Old Jake you wouldn’t have been able to pull this off?” I ask Elphie narrowing her eyes, and she smiles almost embarrassed. “W-well, you see, Jake was the only one besides your father than knew I was going to ask you to marry me tonight, and Jake helped me get my outfit together and the he was also able to help me acquire the ring.”

I look from Elphie to old Jake and back. “I… I don’t believe it! This has to be a dream!” I say accusingly. “OUCH!” I yelp suddenly as I feel a very sharp pinch on my butt, and a snicker from Elphie, and slight chuckle from Old Jake. “WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR!?” I ask glaring at her.

She just shrugs. “You know what they say, if it is a dream and you get pinched you wake up. If it isn’t and you get pinched it just hurts.”

“So you pinched me?” I glare at her, and she looks a little sheepishly. ‘W-well yeah. I figured if you don’t believe what I say then maybe you will believe it when you realize it isn’t in fact a dream.”

I hear someone clear their throat behind me, and I realize that it is Old Jake. Elphie and I turn to look at him. “May I help you Jake?” I asks slightly irritated, and he nods. “I just wanted to remind you that there is a Masquerade going on, and you, Lady Glinda, are one of the hosts, and as a host you should head back to the party.” He says kindly. “I am sure you father and mother would love to hear the good news.” He grins.

“Sweet Oz! The party! We need to get back before someone wonders where we are!” I say quickly looking at Elphie wide eyed. “We need to get back!” I say grabbing her hand and turn to head back only to get yanked back. “What? Why did you pull me back?” I ask her confused.

“Because, my sweet, I would like one more chance to say I love you and to kiss before we go back, and I have to play the role of the mute mystery guest.” She tells me quietly with a smile, and as I smile she leans down and just before our lips meet Old Jake clears his throat causing both of us to pull apart startled again.

“I just wanted to say I’ll leave you two to be.” He smiles. “Congratulations again you two.” He says and leaves.

“Now where were we?” She asks smiling down at me, and I smile back raising up on just a little on tiptoe. “I believe, my dear Miss Elphaba, we were right about here.” I whisper and our lips meet. I can feel her smile as we kiss and I can’t help but smile as well.

--------

I apologise it has been so long since I updated, but I was moving. Finally got moved though, and had a chance to to do a quick update. Sorry the chapter is so short. I sort of lost my muse during the move, but I'm slowly getting it back. Thank you again for reading my story and I hope you continue to enjoy it.