Reunited

(Elphaba's POV)

(Elphaba's POV)

It has been two days since Bessie started staying here again. She has managed to move all her things into her old room, and begin to pester me. “Elphaba!” She says knocking on my bedroom. “Please come here. I would like to talk with you.”

Sighing I set the book I was reading aside and go to the door. “What is it Bessie?” I say in rather boredly, stepping out of the room and closing the door behind me.

“I wanted to know is what you would like to have for supper tonight?”

“I'm not hungry.”

“You aren't now, but that doesn't mean you won't be later. Now come along.” She takes my hand and begins pulling me towards the kitchen. I know she will keep pestering until I go with her, but I don't want to. I want to go back to my room and read as I think about my Glinda, and the fact Lerena says she wants us together again.

“Elphaba!” Bessie says snapping in front of my face pulling me from my thoughts. I start slightly and look at her with a slight glare. “Yes?”

“I am going to town to run a few errands and then to market to get some food for us. Now tell me what you want for supper so I know what to get.” She says rather impatiently and I sigh. “Bessie, I really don’t care what you make for supper. You know as long as there is no meat in mine, I don’t care what you fix.”

“You are so helpful, you know!” She says sarcastically, and I give her a small smirk. “I know.” I say as I turn back and start down the hall towards my room, and Bessie goes out the door grumbling to herself.

Not long after getting settled into my room I hear a knock on the door, sighing I head towards the door. Wonder who it can be? No sooner do I get the door open then I get knocked back by someone. “ELPHIEEEEEEE!” I go partially deaf for a few seconds. “Glinda!” I say regaining my balance as I pick her up in a huge hug giving her a quick spin before setting her down.

It is then I notice Lerena standing off to the side on the porch smiling at us. “Lerena!” I say quickly and smile. “Forgive me. I didn’t see you standing there.” She laughs a little. “No need to apologize. Glinda makes a better door than window.” She teases, and Glinda shoots her a playful glare, and we start laughing. “Please come in.” I say standing aside so Lerana can come into the cabin as well.

“Please take a seat. I’ll go get us something to drink.” I say as I quickly go into the kitchen, and for once am thankful Bessie had made some lemonade. I get down some glasses and place them on a tray with the pitcher of lemonade, and then grab a plate of cookies and set it on the tray as well. Then carefully return to the living room.

“So Glinda when did you get back?” I ask pouring her and Lerena some lemonade. “I got back late last night. The negotiations were finally worked out, and hopefully there will be no more trouble.”