Regretting What Was Said

(Glinda's POV)

(Glinda's POV)

I watch as Elphaba leaves the dining room looking very hurt and upset , but quite frankly right about now it feels good to have said it. After all she has been avoiding me ever since I told her I had had sex with Chuffery. I knew she would go flying off the handle over it which was why I hadn't said anything in the first place. It had meant nothing after all, but Bessie just had to stick her nose in where it didn't belong and bring it up. Now Elphaba believes me to be some cheating slut, but I'm not! After all we weren't together at the time, and so it really isn't a big deal.

"Galinda Ardueena Upland!" Momsie says harshly and I flinch at the tone she uses. Looking over at her I swallow. I'm in trouble. "I think we need to have a talk right now!"

"But Mom-" I begin to say. "Don't talk back to your mother!" Popsicle says. "We have noticed your behavior and Elphaba's lately and I think it's time you tell us what is going on." I glare at them and toss my hair over my shoulder. "It is no business of yours. Besides I don't have to tell you anything!" I say standing and turn to leave, but Popsicle grabs my arm. "You are right, you don't, but when you tell your girlfriend you wish she was dead then it is time for us to step in." He says. And his eyes soften a little. "Glinda, please, tell us what is going on."

"Fine." I mumble. "A couple weeks ago we had a misunderstanding of sorts that's all."

"Glinda!" Popsicle says sternly, and I growl. "Look I don't want to talk about it! Now leave me alone!" I say to him before storming off. I know I shouldn't have left like that, but I didn't want to talk to them or I should say my father. I am not sure he would understand. Even I don't understand! I sigh and go into my room locking the door behind me.

I not sure how long I lay there, but I there is a knock on the door. "Glinda?" It's Momsie. "May I come in, please?" I get up and go unlock the door, and open it allowing her to enter. She comes in, takes a seat on my bed, and I join her. "So, do you want to tell me what all that was about between you and Elphaba?"

"Not really, but I suppose I should." I sigh and think for a moment. "It started I guess after Popsicle had forbidden Elphie and I to be together. I got very depressed as you know and became very lonely. I missed Elphie and being with her and feeling her touch." I look down at my hands and pick at the design on my skirt. "I did something on the last business trip I took with Popsicle that was very... stupid."

"Does what you did have something to do with why Elphaba has been avoiding you?" I nod slowly. "It has everything to do with it."

"May I ask what it is you did?" She asks and I stay quiet hanging my head ashamed. "Glinda. Sweetheart," Momsie says putting a hand gently on my shoulder, "please tell me so I can help you."

"Momsie, I just don't know what came over me. " I cry still not telling her. Momsie is quiet for a few moments and hugs while I cry. "Glinda?" She says quietly and tilt my head to look at her. "Glinda, I am pretty sure I have figured out what happened or sort of, but I want to hear what you have to say."