The Emerald Palace

(Glinda's POV)

(Glinda's POV)

We arrive at the Emerald City two days later, and are greeted by a familiar face. "Trenton!" I say smiling as he approaches us. "Greeting Lady Glinda." He says bowing and smiles. "As I have told you before my name is Quinton, not Trenton."

"Oh right!" I say giggling. "I have always been terrible with names."

"So I remember." He laughs taking my trunks and Bessie's to the carriage. He loads them up with relative ease, and then opens the door for us. "Here you go ladies." He smiles and helps us in. "We will be to palace shortly."

As we head to the Emerald Palace the three of us chat about all the sights and places. "Hey that's new!" I say pointing to new shop. Quinton turn and looks. "Oh, that place." He chuckles. "That's Bubbles and Bobbles."

"Bubbles and Bobbles?" Bessie and I say together confused. Quinton nods. "It's a story that sells anything and everything needed to be popular. It is based off from that book you wrote while attending Shiz."

"How? I mean, what exactly do they sell in there?" I asked bewildered that there would be a shop that is based off my silly book I wrote for Elphie I entitled How to be Popular?

"I wouldn't know what's in there." He laughs. "I have no desire to be popular."

"Well," I say tossing my hair and rolling my eyes, "I can tell you being popular isn't for everyone, nor is it easy. Otherwise everyone would be popular." I smirk. Bessie and Quinton just laugh. "Hey, Glinda, maybe we will get a chance to visit the store we are here." Bessie says. "I would love to see what I would need to popular."

"Bessie, dear, if you want to be popular I'll help you be popular.." I smiles at her. "But not quite as popular as me."

"You would really?" She looks surprised, and I nod. "Of course. You have helped me so much over the years, and helping you become popular is the least I can do for you." She grins. "Thank you Glinda!" She says excitedly. "You're very welcome my dear."

Just then we pull up the Emerald Palace. "Ladies," Quinton says and stop chatting. "I am sorry but you will have to wait on the first popular lesson because we have arrived." We look at the palace as we come to a halt, and I sigh. "I never thought I would see this place again." I say quietly. "Let's get going. The sooner we get in there the sooner I can live this place." I say heading towards the door with Bessie while Quinton begins to unload our luggage.

We enter the palace and one of the servants immediately have us follow him. I look around as I we walk through the all too familiar hallways. We are headed to the throne room, and I really would rather not, but Avric is the leader of Oz so it is no surprise really.

As we enter the throne room the servant bows and then announces in a booking voice. "Master Averic, I present to you her Goodness Lady Gl-"

"Glinda!" Averic cuts off the servant and quickly rushes over. I can't help but smile and we hug. "Averic! It's nice to see you again."

"The pleasure is all mine really! I'm glad you were able to come, and I'm sorry I had to get ahold of you, but I need your help." He says apologetically.

"I gathered that from the frantic tone of the letter." I chuckle. "Now, what is it you need my help with?"

"There are some negotiations that have begun to go very wrong between Munchkin Land and the Quadling country."

"Really? I'm surprised they have never had any issues before. What's happened?"

"Weeeell, that is where you come in." He says slowly and I raise an eye surprised. "Oh? How so?" I'm curious to know why he feels I can help, but before he can answer another servant enters. "Announcing Sir Chuffrey!"

I spin around and gape momentarily at him before turning to Averic. "Why is he here?" I growl, and Averic goes to respond, but Chuffrey cuts him off. "Well, well, Lady Glinda, what a pleasant surprise." He says coming over making a quick bow as he takes my hand and kisses it. I scowl slightly and pull my hand away. "A pleasure to see you as well, Chuffrey."

Averic watches us closely and clears his throat. "Glinda, Chuffrey is here to help with the negotiations as well."

"He what!?" I turn to him eyes wide, and Averic shifts nervously. "He is here to... to help with negotiations. I figured you two would know the best way to keep the Quadlings and the Munchkins at peace, and so I asked him to come help as well."

"Well, this is just peachy!" I throw up my hand exasperated and head for the door. "I'm going to go my room." Before Averic can say anything I storm out the door with Bessie following behind. The last thing I wanted was to see Chuffrey.