A Surprise for Elphaba

(Lerena's POV)

(Lerena's POV)

I was surprised when Elphaba said she forgave me. I honestly had thought she wouldn't. I mean, why would she? We literally tore her and Glinda away from herself, and yet she forgave me anyways. "Thank you, Elphaba." I smile at her.

"You're welcome, and please forgive me too." I say giving her a small smile, and she looks confused. "Why do you need forgiveness?"

"I never should have said what I did about you and Master Upland. I was way out of line, and it was completely uncalled for." I say quietly. It felt very challenging to say because I am not one to apologize for anything, but I felt that I needed to this time.

(Elphaba's POV)

"Oh, Elphaba!" She gives smiles even bigger and gives a slight chuckle. "Don't worry about it. I forgive you. I admit I am not happy with what you said, but whoever said the truth doesn't hurt, right?"

"Right." I smile back at her, and wander over to where the poppies had been growing and sigh. "Looks like they have stopped blooming for the season." Lady Upland walks over and looks at them as well. "Yes they have, but then again all the flowers are dying out. It is almost the beginning of fall."

"Is it really that late into the year already?" Where has the time gone? I think to myself, shaking my head in disbelief. "I guess time doesn't move as fast when you are missing the one you love." I say quietly.

"I suppose it doesn't." Lady Upland replies and then heads for one of the benches. I follow her quietly and we both sit down. "Elphaba, I have been thinking about you and Glinda."

"Really? So have I." I again reply sarcastically and roll my eyes. She sighs. "Elphaba, I'm serious."

"Okay, but so am I, but that doesn't matter right now. Please tell me what you were thinking about."

"I have thought about you and Glinda since I talked to Bessie, and found out Glinda has been self medicating. Then I found the proof of that in her vanity drawer." I notice Lady Upland wipe a tear away quickly. "I... I have decided that I... I that I want you and Glinda to get back together."

"What?!" I am shocked. I don't know how to respond, and it slowly registers what she said. My eyes get wide when I realize what she said. She wants Glinda and I together! I break into huge grin. "Really? You want us back together?" I ask to make sure I hadn't heard incorrectly, and she nods. "Yes I do.

"What about Highmuster? Surely he won't have share your feelings." I state my concerns deflating a little.

"Don't worry about Highmuster. I will have a talk with him, and make his see that our daughter's needs you." She turns to me. "And you need Glinda." She takes my hand and smiles. I return the smile. "Thank you Lady Upland."

"Please it's Lerena." She says and I chuckle a little. "Then you may call me Elphie again." She let's go of my hand and we begin to head out from the garden. "There is one more think I want to tell you." She says

"What's that?" I look at her.

"Bessie stopped working for Glinda, and when she told me I told her I would pay her wages if she worked for you."

"But I don't need anyone to help me clean around the cabin." I object, and she just gives me a yeah right look. "Elphie, please at least give her a chance. She has done so much, and if it wasn't for her I wouldn't have found out about Glinda until it was too late.*

I sigh with one hand in my hip and pinch the bridge of my nose. "Alright. Fine. I'll consent to her working for me at the cabin, but if I decide it won't work I ask that you please release her from working with me. Would that be okay with you?" She thinks about my request and then nods. "I think that would be acceptable." She says with a smile. "After all I could just hire her onto my staff if for some reason it doesn't work. Now we better get going Bessie will have her things to the cabin shortly, and I think it would be best if you are there when she arrives."

I nod. "You are probably right."

We begin to head back to the cabin, and it isn't long before we arrive there. "Lerena?" I say turning to her. "Yes Elphie?"

"I just wanted to say thank you again." I smile. She returns the smile. "You're welcome, and again I am sorry."

"It's okay Lerena. I forgive you, and I am sure Glinda will as well when you get to tell her." I smile, and with that being said she leans in and hugs me. I am a bit startled by the hug, and hesitate before I return the hug. Lerena pulls away after a moment. "Have a good day Elphie, and take care of yourself."

"I will, and you have a good day as well." I smile at her before she heads back to the house.