Mind reading.

Chapter 16- Mind reading.

" Thankgod." Xavier said as he pulled me into his chest. His head muzzled the crook of my neck,

" Are you okay?! Are you hurt?! Where the hell have you been?!" my mother shouted with tears streaming down her face.

" I Urm..." I tried thinking of something and closed my eyes and laughed like I was remembering something.

" Funny story! I ran into a old friend and we hang out and I ended up staying there." I said slowly then smiled at them.

" And you couldn't pick up the damn phone to ring us to tell us you were fine?" my dad shouted wrinkles appearing on his forehead.

" I urm lost my phone." I said chewing my lip something I do when I lie. He growled.

" And this 'friend' of yours doesn't own a phone?" my dad asked apprehensive.

" Urm nope. They uh don't like technology.. They're very old school." I said cheering myself on. My dad raised one eyebrow something I inherited for him.

" Oh really?" he asked. " Who is this friend?" he asked crossing his arms over his chest.

" Petal and her mothers name is Rose." I said quickly. Well their gonna kill me.

" Oh yea well I'd like to meet them. Right now." he said and I gulped.

" Okay, lets go." I said walking back out the door to the forest. I lead them down the trail I flew over and soon arrived at the cottage.

Their was a big bang from inside and a big purple puff of cloud came from the chimney.

" Uh wait here." I said running inside the cottage to see them all black from smoke.

" Oh hello dear! What are you here for?" Rose said smiling.

" Long story." I said getting ready to tell them.

" Uh no need I've already read your mind. So have the girls and we'll do it." I smiled and thanked them.

I walked back outside and called them in. Everyone looked around with wide eyes at how small the cottage is.

" Hello my name is Rose, this is my daughter petal and sister Daisy." Rose said pointing them out.

" Hello." petal said coming to stand next to me.

" Hello nice to meet you." my mother said kindly before turning back to us.

" Okay rose we gotta go." I said but was stopped by daisy.

" Lillie we need to talk to you... alone." daisy said. I nodded.

" you guys go on without me." I said to my family, Xavier and chase.

" No it's too dangerous." he said gripping my arm. I growled.

" I think we've had this conversation before. Your not my father." I said in a deathly calm voice.

' Her eyes, they're red again.' Xavier said worried staring at me in the eye.

" My eyes are red? What did you say?" I asked confused but he's now looking at me strangely.

" I didnt say anything." he said slowly. I narrowed my eyes as him.

" Yes you did! You said ' Her eyes, they're red again.' " I said annoyed.

" Urm Lillie. Alone, now." daisy said urgently. I looked back and nodded.

" I'll be fine." I said nodding towards the door. He growled angrily before stomping out the door.

" So, what's up?" I asked them once I was sure everyone was gone.

" Your first power is here. Mind reading."