Chapter Eleven: A Time Away

It's been over a month since everything happened. The Guild was so helpful finding Mira's calling. She tried a few different things on for size like, ice make wizard- Gray nearly lost an eye from a poorly made ice shard. She tried requiping magic, which only proved she knew a faster way to get her clothes off. Celestial wizards- she accidentally used Aquarius and nobody survived that battle. She refused to try fire magic on account it made her nervous that she'd catch her hair on fire. She proved useless with healing, terrible at lightning, horrific at enchantments, transformation just turned her into a potato, and all other Magic's seemed near impossible. But it was discovered one day as she sat in the back room playing her guitar and singing, that she could not only control objects, but people. It was an accident in all honesty.

As she sang a song about a girl flying away- poor Lisanna couldn't get out of the air. When Makarov found out about this- he nearly died. How hadn't he thought of it before- Mira was a natural Bard.

So as she walks down the street with her guitar slung on her back, Mira hums a happy tune to herself and thinks about rhymes that would be funny to see in real life.

"A happy man and a sad wife, find love again in a public place. Hmm, they kiss and hug, and laugh with love- and go home for an intimate date." She looks at two people and soon her song becomes reality. "Haha this is too easy. Except I wonder if I always have to rhyme? Maybe I can just think about something and play a turn on the guitar?"

Sitting on a bench, she pulls her guitar around and notices a squirrel trying to find its nuts it hid away.

"Hmm...maybe."

The squirrel remembers where it's nuts are. It digs them up.

Watching the squirrel, it just looks at her and then runs away.

"I guess that's not fool proof because you can't follow a squirrel all day- that and you'll never know if they didn't find another squirrel's nuts. Haha." Talking to herself, Mira feels silly talking out loud. But with no one around at this time of day, she figures it's not too strange. As she watches the sun getting ready to set, she strums a little diddy and hums.  A song soon fills her head.

"I dreamed a man would come my way, decides to stay,
with me he'd lay,
Tell me that he loved me,
And want to make out all day,
I couldn't say no,
Cause lord only knows,
Where I want this romance to go,
But turns out he has another,
A women who loves flowers,
Me I'm not his type,
But I guess we don't mind,
We just fall in love and cheat,
I feel bad,
But don't say a peep,
He marries her and leaves,
I'm stuck alone,
Like always..." Shaking her head, she tries not to think that way. It only makes her sad. "Well that wasn't very good. I hope my magic doesn't always make things happen just when I'm messing around. Then again, there's no chance in Hell that a guy would..."

"Mira...hey..." Turning around, it's the last man on Earth she wants to see.

"Oh crap..."

"What?" He's confused.

"I mean...Freed. It's been...um, way too long." She bites her lip and stands up. He smiles at her and comes a bit closer. Mira looks away and tries to figure out if there's a way to break the spell she just cast by accident.

"Yeah, so how ya been?"

"Um, good. You?" She's quick in her responses and just needs to find a way to leave without being rude.

"Good, as well. Can we talk?" He asks and Mira curses herself for thinking of Freed when she sang the song. Damn her emotions.

"I'm actually in my way home, so..." No! She really wants to just run away, but at the same time she's compelled to stay. It's only because of the song.