Chapter Forty-One: Miracles Shining Bright

She held that baby close to her heart and felt the warm breath of it on her chest. The feeling of her little heart beating against her own made her feel so alive and important. Mira can't stop staring at the tiny little baby girl. Her blonde hair full on her head and her little body tucked away in a pair of Lisanna's baby clothes. In all the world, nothing compares to this moment. With this tiny little angel. Freed is sitting watching her from the hallway. His smile softening more with each moment. Cana is asleep, recovering from her traumatic delivery, she has yet to wake up to meet her new daughter. Erza is sleeping up in Mira's bed with her own little bundles of joy, their red hair exactly the same shade as their mother's. But here Mira is, holding this baby and feeling an immense amount of joy and pain all at the same time. Wendy is fast asleep in her own room. Mira couldn't be more proud of her. That poor girl worked so hard and used nearly all her magic resources for the day just trying to heal Cana. And to make it even more amazing, she aided Erza as well. They're friend is also their own miracle. She may not actually be her daughter, but Mira loves her just as much as the real thing.

"Hey..." Freed quiet says, tired from watching from afar. Mira turns slightly and finds him, she gives him a soft smile and then turns back to the baby in her arms. 

"Hi...I'm sorry I snapped at you before."

"Don't worry about it. It was an important moment. I hold no grudges for it." Sitting beside her, her looms at the baby and finds how magical she really is. But even more so at the woman who is holding her. She did so much today with little to no help. She delivered three healthy babies. She truly is amazing. His heart aches with how much in love he is with her. "I love you."

"Hm, I love you too. I can't wait for Cana to wake up and meet her daughter. Did you get a hold of Gray and Laxus?" 

"I had Warren send out a few more calls to them and I informed Kinana to send them over as soon as she sees them. For now, everyone just needs to rest." He brushes her hair behind her ear and places a kiss on her cheek.

"What was that for?" It takes her. He's so sweet and endearing, but it's still strange to her. 

"Because you are amazing. I am thoroughly impressed by you in so many ways, Mirajane." A blush runs crossed her cheeks and she knows what they both are feeling. 

"Do you want to hold her?" His body tenses and then he calms himself. Taking the baby gently, he smiles at the tiny child, whose cheeks are plump and pink. "She's gonna look like Cana, minus the hair. She's going to have all the boys wrapped around her finger, especially Laxus."

"I agree. As for the twins, I have no idea who they will take after. They have the red hair like Erza, but I don't know if they'll have Gray's eyes or their mother's. It'll be quite an exciting discovery." he pushes the small tuff of blonde hair to the side of the child's face and just beams. 

"I wonder..." She stops herself. She doesn't want to think about it. However, she's curious.

"What?"

"Nothing. i was just going to say, I wonder...who our kids would look like." Her soft smile turns into a small frown and then she just shakes the pain away. "They'd probably have your green hair and little lightning bolt hair wisps."

"Well, I don't know about that. I don't think it'd really matter to me what they'd look like." Turning her head to the side, she looks at him, questioning what he means exactly.  "I would just want them to be happy and healthy."

"I couldn't agree more." Curling into his side, Mirajane falls asleep and Freed remains still in his spot holding his friend's baby. He wanted to ask her if they could try again for a baby. But he fears she'll never be want to try again. That she'll never want to risk feeling that same pain. It sucks to think that he'll never have children of his own, but if it is what Mira wants, then he will do whatever and not think twice about it.