Chapter Twenty-Nine: Keeping the Faith

It didn't take long for Makarov and Porlyusika to show up to her house. In fact it only took them 3 hours. It was crucial for them to figure out this anomaly. It's already 8:00 and both seem to be quietly analyzing Mirajane, who is hooked up to some god aweful machine Porlyusika created to study magic wave lengths in rare creatures. While the beeps are steady, the line is off beat and skitters quickly up and down- keeping the wrong tempo altogether.

"What's it saying?" Mira, who is laying in what is basically just her undergarments, has wires attached to her temples, above her breasts, underneath them, her stomach, pelvic area, and knees. An I've is in her arm drawing out blood for a sample. Set in her bedside table is some sort of lacrima that holds precious information about her and the samples being taken.

"Most interesting. I should have suspected this as a possibility." Porlyusika says as she scans the monitor and the skittering blips.

"What?" Makarov ignores the fact that a very sexy girl is laying mostly naked in front of him and pays attention to the crucial details. "Is She a Succubus again?"

"On the contrary, she is completely human. However, it seems the initial potion had only made her take over magic lay dormant. It is now amplified full range and is fighting to completely take over her body."

"So my magic wants to become me?" She's confused, but who wouldn't be? How can magic just decide to manifest in a person?

"I wouldn't say that necessarily. I would put it more as- your magic is expanding and trying to push the limits of your body. Hence why you got sick earlier and vomited black bile- but it wasn't bile. It was magic. Your body cannot contain so much magic so it is getting rid of it. Kind of like if you eat too much- your body will excrete it so your stomach doesn't explode. For a lack of a better phrase, your magic stomach ate too much magic power."

"What happens if my body keeps producing this much magic?" It sounds simple enough to her, but something is still bother the pink haired lady. She can see it.

"If your body keeps producing more magic energy than your body can excrete, then there is a good possibility that Satan Soul will be a permanent state of being for you. It has to come out some how. It's producing energy at max volume, which is why your heart is racing and you are anxious." Looking at the screen, Mira didn't figure that the skittering line was her heart rate, but looking at it now, it is off the charts with spikes.

"How do I burn off the energy?"

"Well there are a few options. One is going on jobs that require a large out out of magic to complete- that option would require to be taken every day. Two is a constant magic work out or a regular one such as running, swimming, and or sparring. And the last option is a bit unconventional, and I'm not very enthused about it..."

"What? What is it?" Sitting up a bit, she wonders if it's worth trying.

"Makarov, can you give us the room?" Porlyusika asks and Makarov makes a concerned face before getting up and leaving. Once he's gone, she gets up and locks the door. When she comes back to sit down, Mira feels frightful. "The last thing I can recommend, is putting that magic energy in another life."

"Um...what? What does that mean?" Put her energy in another life? What kind of bullshit metaphor is that, she wonders.

"A baby. In plain words. If my calculations are correct, having a baby would take the excess magic energy from your body permanently. Because making a baby takes a certain amount of energy that is equal to burning so much magic off during battles or sparring. This option would simply make it easier for you so you don't have to physically do anything." Mira can't understand if Porlyusika is trying to be funny, or if she's serious.