Chapter Thirty: Will You Go With Me?

Standing at the train station, Mira nervously grips her purse in her hands as her dress blows in the Summer breeze. Her heart beat races and a small bead of sweat runs from her temple to her neck. He's late. He promised her he would be on time. She has planned this for the last two weeks and he promised he'd be on time. And he's late.

Looking at the clock on the post, it clicks to 6:45 pm. He was supposed to be here 12 minutes ago. Sighing, she turns to get on the train and she hears his voice call out to her.

"Mira!" He hogs up to her with his night bag over his shoulder. "I'm sorry I'm late. Bixlow wouldn't move his ass away from the door. He kept prattling on about Lisanna..."

"We need to get on the train now, so it can wait." She says as nicely as she can. Following her up the loading dock, the ticket master punches their tickets and they move to their seats. Unfortunately, Mira couldn't get a private box, so they sit amongst the other patrons- who loudly converse. She grips her purse as her night bag sits on the floor by her feet.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just flustered." Freed can tell something is bothering her. Her knuckles are turning white from holding her purse tightly. Placing his hand on hers, he can feel her calm down.

"I'm sorry I'm late. Okay? The room is already reserved at the spa, and check in isn't until 8:00 anyway. We're going to be fine." They haven't talked since that night he flipped out and left. She hasn't told him about her idea on getting pregnant. And she certainly hasn't asked him about his plan to get rid of his excess magic. She planned on talking to him about this, this weekend at the relaxing Mokutsu Spa Hotel just passed Hargeon.

"It's fine. I'm just..."

"Flustered. I know." He kisses her temple and squeezes her hand. His eyes catch her engagement ring and he gently turns her hand to look at it. "Very beautiful, but not as gorgeous as it's owner."

"Freed Justine you cease to flatter me." She grumbles and she knows she's triggered his demon.

"In that case, I should punish you. Take you over my knee and spank your bottom until you're raw." He sneers and Mira raises an eyebrow.

"Are you trying to be kinky or just a sadist?" Raiding an eyebrow to him, she knows he's joking of course. But maybe not. He's been getting darker since his power has come back. That damn right eye of his keeps purpling out.

"Watch it, Mirajane. I'm in no mood to play coy with you." He bites and pulls his hand off of hers.

"You started this with your damn flattery." What is going on between them? She wonders if this is Incubus/Succubus foreplay or actual feelings of hatred coursing through her.

"And I will certainly finish it." He growls and turns in his seat looking across the train to some lovey dovey couple. For once, he is sickened by that gesture. In fact for the last two weeks he has despised everything about people, especially people in love. His attitude seems to get worse when he's around Mira. But why?

"Let's just not talk." Turning to face the window, Mira watches the rolling hills pass by her and she just wishes she understood Freed in this moment. So vulgar and abrasive. He's bipolar- she swears. It was going to be a long two hour ride.

———————

They remained silent the whole ride. Neither of them moved from their positions and no one on the train bothered them. Freed thought about how moody Mira had been lately. Mira thought about how she was going to convince asshole Freed to be a father to her child.

Making their way to the front desk of the Spa Hotel, Mira gives the concierge her information and they take the couple to their room. The hotel is actually a small down that has several bath and spa houses grouped together. Each room is actually a small studio apartment with a backyard garden and hot spring pond. Room service consists of not only food and turn down service, but also massages and hot stones, acupuncture, and reiki practitioners. It is just the relaxing get away they need- if they survive each other.