Chapter Twenty-Eight: Risen

Waking up the next morning on the couch, Mirajane rubs her eyes and for a second forgot about the damage that occurred last night. With the room in shambles, she wishes she knew how it was possible to have Sitri still lingering inside. Looking to the wall where Freed has been splayed out last night, he is missing, along with Wendy. Listening closely, Mira can hear voices coming from the kitchen.

"She turned back into Satan Soul Sitri...Her powers are back and more powerful than ever. I think it scared her, having her powers flow through her again." Wendy sweetly says and al Mira can feel is pain. She killed Kaze and it's making her feel terrible.

"If her Satan Soul is back...I wonder if mine is back as well. I guess that potion was only temporary." Freed's voice sounds perplexed. All Mira wants to do is hide away. She missed her powers but at the same time, the power is foreign and she can't understand how it's back. "She's not going to understand this. It'll take her some time to reacquaint herself with her takeover magic. Just because her magic is back doesn't necessarily mean that she is Succubus again. In fact it's probably just the magic side of her that is coming back. Which is very good for her, and the Guild. She'll be able to use her full magic and not have to risk or worry about harming anyone with Succubus seduction."

"Do you really think she'll be back to her old self? She'll be strong as she was?"

"One could assume that based on the power of it from last night. She summoned Sitri without having to cast anything. It's a good possibility Satan Soul doesn't need to be summoned anymore. She can just will it to come around when needed. Magic like that would be invincible. Your opponents wouldn't see it coming. The verbalization of magic often gives attacker's an advantage so they can prepare for whatever attack you're throwing or defending with."

"That would be awesome." Mira stirs in the living room and the talking goes quiet. Walking from the living room to the kitchen, Mira holds her body around her waist and looks at the floor. "Mirajane! How are you feeling?"

"Wendy, do you mind if I have a moment alone with Freed?" Her voice is gravelly and Wendy knows that it isn't going to be a tender moment between the two older mages. She nods and heads upstairs to the library Mira showed her last night. Freed steps towards her and Mira puts a hand up, telling him to keep back.

"Good morning, Darling."

"Stop." Her voice is angered, frustrated, and fully pissed off.

"Mir, what's wrong?"

"What's wrong? You almost died last night. And I...I killed someone. Do you know what that does to a person? It makes them realize just how big of a monster they truly are."

"Mira, it was self defense."

"Wendy said that too, but you know- I don't feel that way. In fact, I'm not remorseful at all. I'm not sad, or scared. I killed a person and I feel nothing. Why is that?" Now the atmosphere seems frigid. Her whole body is pulled close to itself and Freed doesn't know whether to pull her close or prepare for Hell.

"Mira, it took a lot out of you last night. I don't blame you for the lack of sympathy. The guy was a...."

"A person. Monster or not- he had a heart beat in his chest, and blood in his veins and I took that away from him. If the council wanted my head before, they will certainly demand it now." Sinking into a chair, her heart thumps hard in her chest, her body shakes, and her voice jokes itself in her throat.

"No, Mira, no." He comes over to her and kneels at her lap. His hands play softly on her hips and he tries to look in her eyes. "They won't. Fairy Tail won't allow that- and neither will I. If you didn't step in last night, myself, Wendy, and you would be dead. You saved us. Our family. You saved innocent people."