Chapter Forty Four: Wedding Day, Wedding Jitters

The two months passed like throwing a baseball into the air. It went up smoothly, but come down faster. She had no recollection of the two months, or the fact that is was already September 22nd. She had been so busy with the guild, her friends, and preparing a wedding, that she forgot the wedding was upon them. How could she not have recognized that? How could she just let time slip from her mind like that? Was it that simple?

It's as though she was on autopilot and her mind just blacked. Because now, sitting in a chair in front of a vanity mirror, Lisanna and Levy apply makeup to her pale porcelain face, while Cancer does her hair in long loose curls. How did this happen? How did she get here, to this moment, without realizing it?

"Is everything okay, Mira-nee? You seem lost." Her sister's soft voice brightens her dull deafened ear drums and Mira just looks up at the two girls standing in front of her. Both are sporting a simple dark purple satin dress, with their hair in messy buns. She doesn't answer the question, she just looks at them with wide scared eyes and no reason for them. "Mira, talk to us."

"What day is it?" Her voice is wavering and her lips quiver with nerves running through her whole body, vibrating from her core outward.

"You're joking right? It's like, your wedding day." Levy says and flicks a piece of her blue hair out of her eyes.

"Mira, do you need some water. Or, Levy, go grab her some orange juice from the bar." Leaving them, Lisanna asks Cancer to leave and he goes back to the Celestial world. The two sisters sit in silence, both alike in beauty, one of the riddled with nerves and neither a clue as to why. "Are you nervous about getting married today, because that's totally understandable big sister."

"I..It's... How did it pass so quickly?" Her mouth is numb. It's as though the thoughts won't allow her to speak them on her tongue. It's like a shot of novacaine. Blinking her long eyelashes a few times, she tries to fathom her thoughts that make her feel as though she is under the weighted pressure of gravity. Like Libra counter balanced the gravity field around her, pushing her farther into the hard earth, crippling her.

"You've been so busy. I'm not surprised that you aren't aware of today, but Mirajane, you don't look like you're feeling well. Are you going to be sick?" Lisanna places a head against her sister's forehead and feels a slight temperature, but the room itself is quite warm. "Do you want me to tell Freed that you're..."

"No!" She grabs her sisters soft hand and her eyes are now filled with a haze. The glaze over her eyes is skim over gravy if it sits long enough, the film just covering the surface.

"Okay, I won't tell him anything, but you need to figure out what's going on before you walk through Kardia Cathedral to get married." Levy comes back with the orange juice and Cana and Erza are right behind her. Her purple dress curves nicely around her waist and breasts. The dresses Mira picked out are truly gorgeous, she just wishes she remembered actually picking them out. Looking down at her mother's dress, she loves have her holds her body her body, it's like her mother is giving her a hug.

"Is everything okay?" Erza asks as Mira sips the tangy orange juice carefully. The cold liquid feels soothing in her mouth and throat. It calms her slightly, but not by much.

"She just has jitters is all. It'll be fine." It's annoying Lisanna that her once calm and collected sister is now a nervous mess. To her it seems to have started since Freed came back from the crypt, literally. Although she believes he is good for her sister, she can't help but notice the change in her since his presence grew. She seems more jumpy, emotionally unstable, and just not the Mirajane she has known her whole life.

"Maybe she needs something in her orange juice." Cana says while holding up a mini bottle of Vodka.

"God no!" Erza and Mira both say in unison. Mira stoops back into her seat. Twisting the skirt in her hands, she feels like she wants to puke.