Chapter Forty-Three: Safe Harbor

It all seemed bleak when she looked at now. He had a monster in him, just like her. The only difference is he used it to make sense and she didn't. Sitting up in bed, she stairs out the window with her feet extended over the mattress and dangling above the floor. She should have just talked out her feelings instead of getting irritated and throwing dishes at him. She claims to be the most adult one at the Guild, yet there she was, having a melt down like a child. It disgusts her. She can't even imagine what Freed must have thought, then again he pretty much told her. Wiping her eyes, she stands up and goes back downstairs, but not before she finds Wendy sitting on the floor in her room with small sobs of her own. Going to her, she kneels down and places her hand on the small girl's head.

"You okay Wendy?" Her voice is low and smooth, but the girl still seems upset by something. "You heard us fighting...huh, it's all my fault. I should have just talked to him."

"Freed was scary. I never seen him like that." The young girl admits. Mira has seen him in one of his take over forms, a beastly kind of creature, but she never seen his other form.

"Yeah, he has an even scarier one that just his voice. Any way, don't worry about us. Okay? We're talking everything out. It's nothing to get upset over." Hugging the small child closes, she kisses her head and then heads out for downstairs to find Freed. With every step, her heart races faster and she is scared that she won't be able to have this conversation with him. Turning, she finds him in the reassembled living room, laying on his back with a hand over his face. He seems upset or irritated. Maybe she should wait? However, if she is going to have this conversation with him, it needs to be now. Sitting on the coffee table, Mirajane clears her throat and Freed just looks at her through peeking fingers before sighing and sitting up. But he isn't up for long because Mira straddles his waist and pushes him back down before laying on top of his body like a mirrored image. "I'm sorry. I was acting like a child. I should have just talked to you about everything. Please forgive me."

"I'll forgive you, if you tell me something honestly." She looks up at his face and squeezes him tightly before laying back down.

"Okay."

"Do you think you'll ever want to have another baby? I'm not saying right this minute or in a few weeks, but in the near future. It's not a deal breaker either way, but I would like to know my chances." His voice is sinking slowly with every word and the room just goes silent.

"I do want to try and have another baby. Like you said, not immediately, but also not years from now either. I just don't want to mess it up again. I don't want to disappoint you." Heart sinking, he didn't ever think that was what was holding her back.

"Why would you think I'd be disappointed?" Out of all the things she has made him feel, disappoint could never be one of them.

"Because I got you all excited that you were going to be a dad and then my body ripped that from you." She sucks back the tears and just squeezes his shirt in her hands.

"Honey, you could get me all excited about the best cake in the world and then give me a burnt, four day old cookie and you still wouldn't disappoint me. Haha, losing Tenshi was no where near being your fault. And there was never any disappointment in having lost then, not because I didn't love them, but because I know everything happens for a reason. I love you so much honey that it hurts. You hurt me because you're so fricking adorable and wonderful. Now who else would say that to you?" Turning her head up to him, she smiles and closes her eyes. The warm seems to warm up significantly and it's because of him. Tenderly placing a kiss on her forehead, his hands rub over her back and lower body. "How many times will I have to remind you of this before you get it? You're my life and safe harbor."

"Probably for the rest of our lives." Sniffing back joyous tears, she loves him. She loves him more than she ever thought she would.

"Well then, I'll make it appoint to pencil that into my schedule every day." They laugh and she can't imagine how lucky she got.