Chapter Thirty-Eight: Fireworks With Effects

Walking down town towards the park, the sun is slowly setting and Mira just feels the warmth receding. With everyone in their formal summer kimonos, the street is filled with silked beauty. With an arm escorting both Wendy and Mirajane, Freed feels like one of the luckiest men at the festival. He's in great company, and is so proud his girl is feeling well enough to partake in such a beautiful event. What he doesn't know is that Mira has two new cuts on her thigh, slowly bleeding into a piece of gauze. He doesn't know about her purposeful cutting. If he had, he wouldn't have brought her out. He wouldn't take his eyes off of her, but Mira is planning on him never finding out, if possible. She can probably play it off as a result from a battle. He doesn't know her body that well.

"Look! They're preparing the stage for Gajeel! Mira! You should really be singing!" Wendy smiles widely, always so happy about pretty much everything.

"I see that. And no way, I just want to relax." It's hard for her to fake this kind of happiness. The happiness that masks just how dead you are inside. It's the worst. "I think I see where Cana and the others are sitting. Why don't you guys head on over...I'm going to use the restrooms real quick."

"You want me to accompany you?" Freed asks kindly. Her face tries hard not to twist into a mean frown.

"Nope, I cab go by myself. Thank you. Just go join our friends. I'll be back soon." She waves him off so fast, that both Wendy and Freed know something's up with her, but neither know what.

"Okay...I'm just gonna be over there. If you need me..."

"Freed! I'm just using the bathroom. Gosh, it's fine." She snaps a bit and soon bites her lip before leaning up and kissing his to distract him, but Wendy and Freed are already curious. She walks off and they just watch her curiously.

"Do you think she's really okay?" Her tiny voice is full of nervousness.

"Not one bit. Go ask Romeo if he can quietly follow her. I'm curious as to what she's doing." Without hesitation, Wendy goes to Romeo by the others and asks him to follow Mirajane. He agrees and goes on his mission. He follows her to the bathroom, she goes in one stall and he just sits and waits. After about a few minutes, she comes out and he ducks behind a group of people, but ends up bumping into Juvia.

"Hey, Romeo kun. What are you sneaking around for?"

"I'm keeping an eye on Mirajane for Wendy and Freed. They said she's acting weird." Romeo says while watching Mirajane grab what looks like a three bags of Cotton Candy Flowers.

"She just lost a baby. I'd expect Mirajane to be acting strangely. Romeo, Juvia insists you leave her be. She seems to be partaking in the festivities." Placing a hand on his bare shoulder, Juvia smiles and Lyon comes over.

"My Darling Juvia, are you ready to watch the show?" He asks her and she nods. Turning back around, Romeo lost Mirajane and goes running in the last direction he saw her. When he gets back to Freed and Wendy, he finds Mirajane sitting there beside them, looking normal.

"Oh, Romeo, I would have got you some too if I knew you were sitting with Wendy." She sweetly says and he just shakes it off.

"Nah that's okay. My dad got me some earlier." He sits beside Wendy and she leans in to ask him how everything went, but everyone else sees it as intimate.

"I think those two are getting way too close." Freed says and Mira laughs and taps his shoulder.

"Getting a little over protective there, Dad?" Smirking at him, she watches as his face twists up and Macao buts his head in.

"It might be too soon, but J hear wedding bells." Macao laughs along with Mira, Wakaba, and the other fairies close by.

"The Hell you do!" Freed angrily says and everyone laughs even harder.