3

After a lot more begging and a lot of persuading, Yoongi found himself dragging a very tired and scared looking Jungkook into his home. He knew he could be making a big mistake but the kid honestly looked like a scarecrow. He needed a warm meal and a good night sleep. If he ended up running away from Yoongi, there would be no harm done. He had been telling the truth - he literally had nothing on his person. No possessions or anything. Since he hadn't stolen, Yoongi had taken a bit of pity on the kid.

Only once the two were safely inside Yoongi's house did he begin to realize that the kid could have been playing him all along. He could have just wanted to get into his home to steal more valuable items. His eyes cut to Jungkook. The boy was trailing behind, his head hung low as he sniffed every once in awhile. His wrist was still tightly gripped in Yoongi's vice like hold. Yoongi knew it must have been uncomfortable but the young man wasn't complaining.

Jungkook's eyes were the size of dinner plates as Yoongi fiddled with the keys to his front door. He unlocked it with a small clink, pushing it inward and ushering Jungkook through the opening as he finally let go of the younger's wrist. Jungkook absentmindedly rubbed at the skin where Yoongi had been holding him. He found himself missing the small amount of warmth Yoongi's hand had given him but the house itself was warm and comfortable.

The front door opened into the entry hall. It was mostly a small place where Yoongi stepped out of his shoes, gently putting them inside a closet to their left. He turned back and motioned for Jungkook to do the same. Hesitantly, the younger did, slipping his half torn boot s off of his feet.

Yoongi's heart dropped a fraction. The kid didn't even have socks on. He had been walking around in old hiking boots. Shaking his head a bit, he decided he'd try and fix that if Jungkook turned out to be alright.

He stepped forward. The entry hall opened up into a fairly large living room. There were plush couches and leather recliners gathered around in a sort of semi-circle facing a large screen TV mounted on the wall. Jungkook watched as the screen seemed to rotate pictures of the mysterious man who had taken him into his home as well as other faces he'd never seen before - probably Yoongi's friends.

A yapping was heard coming from around the corner. Jungkook's head whipped up to see a brown, slightly curly haired dog clacking into the room. Yoongi's face broke out into a somewhat gummy smile as he took the medium sized dog into his arms. He ran his fingers through the soft fur, muttering cute little welcomes in a high voice. He stood back up, his eyes cutting to Jungkook. The younger had stood stock still beside the closet but Yoongi was now beckoning him forwards.

Jungkook stepped closer to the dog. It seemed kind and happy, bounding over to Jungkook with puppy like enthusiasm. He stood mostly still as the dog sniffed around him, giving his hand a happy lick and rubbing a bit against his dirty pant legs. Jungkook allowed himself to let loose a small giggle and began petting the dog.

"His name is Holly," Yoongi's voice pulled Jungkook from his playing. He stopped suddenly, standing to his full height and hanging his head once more. Holly jumped around, giving Jungkook puppy eyes and a small whine before trotting off further into the house.

Jungkook hadn't said hardly a word to Yoongi since he had put the kid back into his car and driven the two of them home. Yoongi decided that was about to change. He walked around the corner, out of the living room and flicking on a light switch in the kitchen. There was nothing cooking or even warmed up, Yoongi was more into ordering out or skipping dinner all together but he decided tonight would be a bit different. He wanted Jungkook to eat a good meal.

The kitchen was simple to Yoongi but it was extravagant to Jungkook. There was a wood undertone to the sleek and sophisticated style of the house. Yoongi had simple furnishings in his kitchen, a wooden table with wooden chairs. There were pads on the chairs as the wood could hurt to sit on for an extended period of time. The counter where the sink was on one side of the kitchen while the oven and microwave were on the other. Yoongi browsed through his fridge, his eyes landing on some soup his friend Jin had sent home with him a day or two ago. He got a large pot out of one of the cabinets - the dark wood smooth and worn under his fingertips. He dumped all the soup inside, putting it on the stove until it came up to a boil. H emotioned for Jungkook to take a seat at the island in his kitchen. There were stools on one side. As Jungkook sat, Yoongi got a few more things out of his fridge and put them onto the island. There were a few sauces and some crackers. Yoongi saw Jungkook eyeing the food. He must've been hungry.

"So, how old are you, Jungkook?" Yoongi asked. He handed a few crackers to the younger. He boy seemed surprised by the gesture but quickly scarfed them down before Yoongi could change his mind and take them back.

"Around eighteen I guess." he muttered.

Yoongi left, fetched a cup and filled it with water. He placed the cup in front of Jungkook and signaled him to drink with his hand, "Around?"

"I'm not totally sure but I finished high school a few months ago." Jungkook's voice was quiet, his eyes down and locked onto the granite of the island countertop.

Yoongi didn't push him any farther, his eyes were brought back to the soup. It was boiling pretty well. He took it off the stove, putting down a hot pad on the island before getting two bowls and spooning them both some of the soup. He'd have to thank Jin later for making him so much.

Yoongi put a bowl in front of Jungkook filled with soup. He wasn't sure how much the younger would eat so he gave him a small serving to start. They ate in silence for the most part, only the occasion slurp from Jungkook being the only noise. When the younger was finished, he set his spoon down gently.

"Do you want some more?" Yoongi pushed the pot over his way.

"More?" Jungkok looked up with those doe eyes, clearly surprised, "I can have more?"

Yoongi furrowed his brows, "Of course you can, you've barely eaten anything." He ate more that Jungkook had and he hadn't even been too very hungry. Yoongi wasn't one to spend too much time cooking or eating unless one of his friends prepared the meal or he went out for it. Yet he had still eaten more.

"Then, yes please, I'd like some more...." Yoongi hummed, scooping a few spoonfuls onto Jungkook's plate. The boy's eyes went even wider, as if that were possible.

"This is so much food!" he muttered, immediately tucking into the food on his plate. He made a noise of appreciation in the back of his throat as he chewed and let the flavor wash over his tongue.

Yoongi scoffed, "This is hardly anything. You should see my friends eat - this little portion is nothing."

"They must be rich like you are!" Jungkook's voice was a bit excited as he continued with his meal.

Yoongi snorted, "I'm hardly rich but I make a good salary." he leaned back slightly, eyes glowing at the boy in front of him, "So tell more about yourself."