7

Two days and multiple surgeries later, Jungkook was finally labelled as "stable." It had been quite a relief to Yoongi. The doctors and nurses often commented on how the man would simply stay by Jungkook's side despite the fact he wasn't even conscious. Yoongi had almost believed him to be in a coma but the doctors shook their heads at such words.

"His body is healing. He's been put into a drugged sleep so he won't be in s much pain and to give his body more time to heal on its own."

It was quite a mystery, even to Yoongi himself, why he was so worried about some street kid he had taken into his home for just one night. In all actuality he shouldn't care at all and normally he wouldn't. Why was Jungkook so special? The boy had broken into his car for god's sake.

But he broke in there to be warm....

He broke in there to have some place safe to sleep....

Yoongi huffed at himself. He shouldn't be in the hospital. He shouldn't be making excuses for Jungkook's actions. And he sure as hell shouldn't be paying his hospital bills despite immediately volunteering to. His eyes wandered back to Jungkook. The boy was propped up on a few hospital pillows in a very uncomfortable looking bed. There were I.V.s in his arm and a blood drip as well. He still looked deathly pale and Yoongi could see the places where his stitches were by the way his hospital gown would raise slightly on his stomach and chest. In all honesty, it was a pitiful sight. Just one look at the poor boy made all of Yoongi's anger melt away and all he wanted to do was care for him.

Yoongi was in his own world, flipping through his social media while sitting with Jungkook. It had become the norm for the past couple of days. While he was surfing Twitter, his ears caught a noise. Of course, there were many machines in the room that were beeping but this was sounded urgent and only sped up with every few passing seconds. Yoongi's eyes fell on Jungkook's heart rate monitor. He watched as it sped up more and more before his eyes flicked over to the boy in the hospital bed. Jungkook's eyes were open.

Yoongi jumped up from his chair, hovering over Jungkook's face but that only seemed to panic him more. His heartrate monitor was going crazy, his doe eyes looking around wildly.

"I can't be here, I can't be here, I can't be here-" Jungkook didn't seem to be able to stop muttering those four words as his heart monitor sped up even more.

A nurse busted through the door with a few doctors in tow.

"What happened?" the nurse asked.

Yoongi could only stand there and numbly spit out a quick, "I don't know, he just woke up." Before he was pushed to the side and the doctors started crowding around Jungkook. It seemed as though they were trying to calm him down but all that happened was that the boy started hyperventilating.

"Yoongi... I need Yoongi." Yoongi felt a pang in his heart. He could hear the tears in Jungkook's voice as he called out to him but as Yoongi was trying to step forward to help, the nurse pulled him back.

"The doctors need to deal with this." she said calmly, pointing to the door as if asking Yoongi to leave.

"No!" Jungkook screamed, "Please, please, please, I just want Yoongi – please!"

How could anyone ignore a boy screaming out to them for help? Yoongi ignored the nurse, pushing past her and past one of the doctors into Jungkook's view. The first thing he saw was the panic swimming in his whisky brown doe eyes. There were red streaks flowing down his face, tears dotting his cheeks and eyelashes as he whimpered and tried to sit up. The doctors were restraining him.

Yoongi reached out, grabbing one of Jungkook's frail hands, "It's ok, I'm here." The boy held onto him for dear life, more tears pouring out as he kept trying to fight the doctors.

"I can't be here...." He sniffed, finally slumping back onto the hospital bed. His heartrate calmed down a fraction as Yoongi held his hand tightly.

"Why, Jungkook?" Yoongi asked, pushing his way past one of the doctors to have a better spot beside the crying boy in the hospital bed.

Jungkook's eyes flitted around the room, landing on the multiple faces – all covered by surgical masks – of the doctors and nurse. His eyes finally came back to Yoongi's deep ones. He beckoned the man forward so as to whisper in his ear. Yoongi nodded and leaned forward, pressing his ear almost to Jungkook's chapped lips.

"Because he'll find me...."