17

Yoongi had carried Jungkook back to bed after his shower. The boy didn't seem to mind the contact so much after he was washed and tired. Yoongi slipped him under his cool sheets, smiling at the way Jungkook's heavy lidded doe eyes were drooping.

"Don't fall asleep yet," Yoongi nudged Jungkook's chin a tiny bit making the boy's eyes snap open fully, "Here," Yoongi handed Jungkook something small and smooth.

The boy looked down into his hands to see a small electronic device. He looked back up at Yoongi, "What's this?"

"It's an IPod," Yoongi threw him a skeptical glance, "Don't you know what an IPod is?"

Jungkook hesitated. Should he lie and say yes or should he tell the truth and say no?

"You don't, do you?" Yoongi was already reading his expression, wasting no time in taking the device from his hands and explaining it to him. He pointed to all the buttons, turned the IPod on and explained how everything worked. Jungkook listened intently, excited to know he could listen to music whenever he wanted now. Yoongi handed him a pair of earbuds and thankfully for Yoongi, Jungkook knew what they were.

"Thank you, hyung!" Jungkook was already stuffing the first white bud into his left ear and clicking the IPod on now totally awake.

Yoongi chuckled. All the simple things in life always seemed to thrill Jungkook, "It used to be mine but I have no real reason for it anymore. I figured you could at least entertain yourself for a while and maybe find some good songs."

Jungkook was already clicking through all the songs and albums, marveling at the cover art and wincing as he selected the first song and it blasted through his earbuds. He quickly ripped them out of his ears with a small whine.

"That was loud..." he turned the volume down as Yoongi had showed him, finally happy with the results.

"Jungkook," before the boy could stuff the earbuds back in his ears, Yoongi was laying a hand on his wrist to keep him from it. He noticed the boy flinching but Jungkook didn't rip his arm away, "I'm giving you this for more than you just having something to do."

Jungkook tilted his head, "What's it for?"

Yoongi grinned, "I thought it might be time you start earning your keep if you're going to stay with me."

Jungkook's heart sank. He knew this time would come and while he wanted to help out he just hoped Yoongi would make him do too much like the man before Yoongi had done.

"Yes, hyung?" his voice was meek and tentative, waiting for some order to get out of bed and start cleaning or washing something. It never came.

"You know I work at a music studio. I want you to come down when you're feeling a bit stronger and I want you to sing for me." Yoongi sat on the edge of Jungkook's bed, lightly patting the boy's thigh to get him to scoot over and make a tad bit of room.

Jungkook didn't speak for a moment, too surprised to say anything, "Sing?"

"Yes," Yoongi laughed.

"That's it?" Jungkook absent-mindly turned the IPod off and turned his full attention to the man beside him.

Yoongi was slightly confused, "Should there be more?"

"Don't you want me to wash the dishes or do the laundry or cook or-" Jungkook started ticking chores off on his fingers.

"Why the hell would I have you do that when I have Jin?" Yoongi grinned, laughing lightly at his own joke.

Yoongi left Jungkook with a soft goodnight so he could listen to his new found music in peace.

Little did Yoongi know, things wouldn't be peaceful much longer.

======================

comment and vote! :D