39

Yoongi finished making breakfast at the exact time Jungkook came bounding down the stairs. The boy had smelled the aroma of fresh meat being seared and fried in Yoongi's pan and he had come downstairs as quickly as possible. He was absolutely starving even though he had eaten his fill last night. Yoongi plated up their food and as usual took the first bite. Jungkook waited for him to swallow before taking his own fork into his hand and digging in.

Afterwards Jungkook helped Yoongi clean up, running back and forth to beat Yoongi to any of the tasks until the man had growled at him to stop and let him do something. Yoongi immediately apologized afterwards when he saw Jungkook flinch and shrink back. He hadn't meant to upset the boy or scare him, he just didn't want Jungkook doing everything.

Once everything was taken care of, Yoongi took Jungkook's hand softly in his own and led him to the living room and onto the couch. He was happy to see Jungkook curling up with his feet tucked underneath him and Holly on his lap not ten seconds after he sat down. He was gently petting the dog and making small, soothing noises near a fluffy ear as Holly's tail did nothing but wag. Even the dog was elated to have Jungkook back.

"Alright, Jungkook. Let's talk." Yoongi sat down beside the younger.

Jungkook cringed but nodded. If that's what Yoongi wanted then that's what he would do.

"Why did you run away?" Yoongi wanted to leave it there but he just couldn't. He had too many doubts in himself to leave it at that, "Do you not like me anymore? Did I do something wrong?"

"N-no, hyung..." what could Jungkook say? He couldn't tell the truth. But he wanted to. He needed to...

"Then what is it?" Yoongi's voice was soft but there was a demand there.

"I've always been used." Perhaps Jungkook would not open up fully today but partly would be alright, "I don't know what it's like to not be used. So when I'm here I want to believe you really do just love me for me and not because of what you can get from me, but..."

Yoongi finished for him, hurt evident in his tone, "But you can't?"

"I've never known anything else." Jungkook said regretfully. He didn't want Yoongi to hurt. He wanted to take back what he said but he couldn't. Yoongi had asked and he had given the answer even if it wasn't what Yoongi wanted to hear.

"I swear I don't want anything from you, Jungkook. I just want to give you and home and a roof over your head." Yoongi almost reached out to grab Jungkook's hand but stopped himself. There was a pause as Yoongi's hands was still outstretched a bit from himself, "Jungkook, why don't you like being touched?"

The younger flinched and cuddled Holly a bit more firmly to his chest, "It's uncomfortable."

Yoongi still didn't let the subject drop. Normally he would when Jungkook began to wriggle around in his seat as if he could feel Yoongi's stare boring into his skull but today was a day where Yoongi wanted answers, "But why?"

Jungkook hugged Holly a bit tighter until the dog wriggled out of his grasp and hopped onto the floor to lay at the end of the couch. Jungkook frowned and played with his fingers, feeling a bit rejected from the animal, "It makes me remember bad things."

Something clicked then. Yoongi moved closer to Jungkook and when the younger didn't flinch back or seem totally uncomfortable, Yoongi leaned in even more, "You said that man hit you... did he do anything else to you?"

Jungkook waivered, "...yes..."

Yoongi didn't even want to ask, "What did he do to you?"

Jungkook kept his eyes glued to his hands, "He... he used me..."

"What?" Yoongi felt sick but he had to be sure of what Jungkook was implying, "What do you mean he used you?"

"M-my b-body to make h-him feel good..."

Everything fell into place and while Yoongi didn't know all of the details he could clearly say he knew exactly what was going on now. Jungkook had been abused and raped and now this was the aftermath.

"What happened to the man who did this to you?" Yoongi tried to be gentle and put an arm around Jungkook. He was surprised when the boy actually leaned into his body. But Yoongi swore he was going to find this man and either have him arrested or kill him. No one should be hurt like Jungkook had.

"I-I ran away from him and found you, hyung." Jungkook half buried his face in Yoongi's shoulder but not to where his words would be muffled.

Yoongi was trying to crane his neck to where he could look at Jungkook's face while also letting him rest against him, "But do you know what happened to him?"

A pause.

"Yes, hyung."

"Tell me."

Another pause.

"I can't. He said he'll get you in trouble."

Yoongi pulled back, shocked, "You've seen him since being with me?!"

Jungkook's lower lips wobbled. Yoongi was upset at the fact that Jungkook had been with this man and hadn't told him but Jungkook saw it as Yoongi being upset with him directly, "I'm s-sorry, hyung."

"No, no, Jungkook. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have shouted..." But Jungkook had already buried his head in his hands and was sobbing now. Yoongi gently pulled his hands away and began dotting the younger's face with quick little kisses to try and make things better. He even gave into temptation and settled a little peck on Jungkook's lips. He saw the boy blush madly but he had at least stopped crying.

"Now, please, Jungkookie, tell me. There is nothing this man can do to hurt me. I've done nothing wrong. He's lying. Please, Kookie, let me help you." Yoongi smoothed some of Jungkook's hair back, "I want to help you. What he's done is wrong and you haven't even told me all of it but abuse and rape are serious things and he needs to be sent away."

Jungkook sniffled a bit harder, "I don't know his full name but I can show you."

"Show me?" Yoongi tilted his head, not understanding, "What do you mean show me?"

"At your studio..." Jungkook finally pulled his hands away from where Yoongi was holding them in his lap and rubbed at his red rimmed eyes, "Take me to your studio and I'll show him to you."

=================

Please comment and vote

also wtf Jungkook's new hair is everyfuckingthing i'm dying inside yas queen it looks gorgeous i'm jealous