24

Jungkook had been living with Yoongi for around two weeks. He had slowly but steadily healed, getting used to walking up and down the stairs and sometimes accompanying Yoongi and Holly on their evening walks if they weren't going too very far. He and Yoongi went the studio together almost every day and the weekends were spent lazing on the couch or going out to have fun with Jin and Namjoon.

Jungkook hadn't had another breakdown since his first few days with Yoongi. He seemed to be adjusting well, listening to his music and helping Yoongi with his raps. Yoongi bought him a notebook so he could start jotting down his own ideas. Jungkook had been elated to have something of his own besides simply his clothes and IPod. It was a cute sight to see and it made Yoongi love him even more than before, if that was possible...

They slept together in the same bed almost every night now. Jungkook mostly used his room for naps or during the day if he wanted privacy. But, without fail, he usually came into Yoongi's room with his pillow and blanket. Yoongi was getting better at waking Jungkook up during his nightmares and Jungkook was getting better at accepting physical touch from the Yoongi. Despite going to sleep with their backs to each other, they usually found themselves curled up facing each other in the early morning. Neither of them were totally sure how it happened and they didn't talk about it, either. There was usually only shy, awkward laughter before Yoongi would get up and make breakfast and let Jungkook take a shower.

Yoongi hadn't asked Jungkook about him, either. It weighed on Yoongi's mind often and he seriously wanted to sit Jungkook down and talk about it. He felt as though they had a good amount of trust between them – they shared a bed together every night. And so Yoongi had decided the day had come. It was time to ask Jungkook about him.

It was another lazy Saturday. Jungkook was slowly making his way down the stairs and to the couch in the living room so he could curl up with Holly and maybe watched some television. Jungkook had been obsessed with certain shows, almost as if he'd never seen a TV series in his life. He didn't have time to turn the show on, however, as he sat down on the couch and reached for the remote. Yoongi was there, sweeping it out of his grasp. Jungkook pouted but otherwise stayed silent. Yoongi didn't usually do things like that – in fact he had never taken anything away from Jungkook in the two and a half weeks he had stayed with the man. Jungkook assumed he had something to say but a sinking suspicion crawling under his skin told him that maybe Yoongi was showing his true colors now.

"We need to talk, Jungkook." Yoongi sat down on the coffee table in front of the boy, setting the remote down beside him.

"Ok, hyung," Jungkook dipped his head, waiting.

"I'm just... I really need to know some things about you, Jungkook." Yoongi started. He saw Jungkook's eyes widen and his face flash with something like fear or concern, "Don't get upset, tell me some little things and we'll build up to the big stuff, ok?"

Jungkook stayed absolutely still for a moment, only his eyes moving back and forth as he thought over Yoongi's words. Yoongi waited for a sign of confirmation. If Jungkook absolutely wouldn't say a word, Yoongi would leave it alone, but if he could pry a few little details out of the boy, it might be helpful or insightful. The boy finally nodded, once, his neck and shoulders tense.

Yoongi wanted nothing more than to reach out and hold Jungkook's hand but he wasn't sure how he would take the action, "Can you tell me who he is? The man you said was going to find you?"

Jungkook swallowed thickly, fear, dread and anxiety churning in his stomach making him feel sick. He didn't want to talk about this. He didn't want Yoongi to find out. Yoongi wouldn't want him if he found out where Jungkook had come from. He would want to get rid of him once he found out how worthless he truly was.

Jungkook opened his mouth but no words came out – only a single tear trailing down his face. Before Yoongi knew what he was doing, he had already reached out and brushed it away softly with his thumb. Jungkook flinched and Yoongi chided himself internally for not keeping his hands to himself.

"It's ok, take your time," Yoongi's voice was soft as he tried to calm the boy down.

Jungkook sniffed a few times, obviously trying to hold back tears, "You already know my name is Jungkook..."

Don't tell him, don't tell him, don't tell him –

"I'm eighteen..."

He'll hate you, he'll hate you –

"I don't know my parents..."

Stop it, stop it, stop it –

"I ran away from my caretaker..."

"Why?" Yoongi wanted – almost needed – to know why. It didn't make any sense to run away unless something terrible had happened or was happening.

Stop it! You're filthy and disgusting – if Yoongi finds out he'll hate you just like everyone else –

"He hit me for the last time..."