35

Jungkook was confused. He was also cold and hungry and to make matters even worse he was also lost. He had run out of Yoongi's house unable to deal with things anymore. He always seemed to run from things but for once in his life no one was stopping him. He could run as far and as hard as his heart desired. And so Jungkook did. He ran until he practically collapsed on the side of the road from exhaustion, chest heaving as he tried to keep himself together. He wanted to stop feeling and for the few seconds he couldn't seem to catch his breath, he almost did.

Yoongi hadn't followed him and Jungkook hadn't expected him to. Jungkook had never seen anyone cry like that before besides himself and the fact that it was Yoongi tugged at his heart in the most painful way possible. He was responsible for everything Yoongi was feeling. He was the trouble in Yoongi's life and if he went away, maybe Yoongi's problems would go away, too. It was an almost devastating realization and it left Jungkook even more broken than before.

Jungkook was almost out of the city in one of the worse parts of town. He hadn't meant to go that way but it was the only way he knew. As long as he got out of town fully before night fall he would be alright. Jungkook didn't want to leave the city like that so abruptly, almost wondering if it would be in his best interest to stay somewhere vaguely familiar but he also didn't fancy being beaten again out on the streets. That's how Yoongi found him the second time...

Still, there was nowhere else to bunker down for the night and it was with an uncomfortable shiver that Jungkook found himself realizing it was going to be a cool night. Jungkook didn't usually mind the elements but he truly hated being outside in the colder temperatures. It kept him away all night shivering, unable to sleep as his teeth chattered. And Jungkook most certainly was not looking forward to a repeat of that.

The boy had no money but his feet carried him back to the better part of town. The sun had dipped behind the high rises and Jungkook was certain now that if he stayed around the nicer areas, he might actually be somewhat safe for the night. He didn't want any trouble. He ended up wandering into a coffee shop. He was asked to leave almost thirty minutes later when he made no move to buy anything. He had begged the waitress to let him just a little bit longer. She gave him a pitied look, hesitating before her manager had come over and demanded Jungkook leave.

Not wanting to cause any trouble, Jungkook did just that. He had nothing to his name once again. All he had were the clothes on his back. It was a sad thought as he was back where he had stated before he had met Yoongi. He had been comfortable with Yoongi and he found himself wishing he had stayed and tried to talk things out.

Don't be stupid. You were a bother. You saw his face – all you do is cause him pain...

But Yoongi is always kind. He says he loves me and I think I love him, too...

He pities you just like everyone else...

Jungkook bumped into someone on his way out of the coffee shop. He kept his head ducked down, not paying any attention but murmuring a quiet, "Sorry," as he tried to scurry away.

"Jungkook?"

The boy looked up at mention of his name, his eyes locking onto a familiar face, "Jin hyung?" Panic bubbled up in his throat. He couldn't stay around Jin. He had to leave and he had to leave quickly. He tried to say goodbye but the older man had already caught ahold of his shirt and hung on tightly.

"What are you doing here?" he asked, "Yoongi is losing his mind looking for you." He eyed Jungkook up and down with worry, "Are you ok?"

Jungkook's bottom lip began to tremble. He had caused so much trouble. He needed to leave.

"Please, hyung," it came out as almost a whimper, "Please let go. I have to leave, please."

"No," the older man grabbed onto Jungkook's bicep, ignoring the way he squeaked and tried to drag himself away. Jin pulled him outside easily despite Jungkook's minimal resistance, "Namjoon is running all over the city looking for you. Yoongi is losing his mind and sobbing – and he does not cry."

Jungkook whimpered as Jin's tone took a harsher turn as he began practically dragging Jungkook down the sidewalk, "I'm sorry..." he sniffed and wiped his eyes with his free hand, trying to keep his own tears away. He had cried too much lately.

Jin's face had hardened. He didn't like it when Yoongi was distraught. It was so unlike he stoic man his friend was. Yoongi didn't cry. Yoongi would become angry or snappish and keep things to himself but he had immediately called Namjoon to come help him. He could barely see through his tears and had dialed the wrong number three times before finally reaching his friend. Jin, of course, had been informed when Namjoon had been rushing over to Yoongi's. Jin promised to come and look in on Yoongi when he picked up his coffee. He was going to pick up some hot chocolate for Yoongi as well before he happened across Jungkook.

Jungkook was strapped into Jin's car that was parked down the road before the older man got into the driver's seat. He turned the car on and pulled into the street, driving to Yoongi's. He looked over at the boy in the passenger seat. He looked like he was barely keeping himself together, almost curling in on himself to try and be smaller.

Jin sighed, "Look, Jungkook... you seem like a nice kid. I don't know where you come from because you don't talk about life before Yoongi but I don't like seeing Yoongi hurt. He's had his fair share of pain in this life and things are only now beginning to look up for him." He looked over to the boy and he could see the boy relaxing slightly as the older took on a less harsh demeanor, "Yoongi doesn't cry unless he's really hurt. I don' know what happened – Yoongi didn't really say because he was having a hard time breathing. But he's attached to you. God, Jungkook, he loves you."

Jungkook did cry at that. It was silent and h just let the hot tears run down his face. He couldn't believe he still had tears left to cry. His head was absolutely pounding and he just felt exhausted. But he didn't know this about Yoongi and he needed to at least try and make things right. He had hurt Yoongi so badly. But now he wasn't sure if Yoongi would even want him.

=============

Please comment and vote!

Jin being an A+ friend yo

I promise it gets better in the next chapter... I can't do angst for too long it kills me