25

There hadn't been much of a conversation after those words had slipped out of the boy's mouth. Jungkook had broken down sobbing, trying to hide himself from Yoongi, shuddering and gasping for air that just didn't seem to want to come to him. He sat there, knees drawn up to his chest, burying his head in his arms and crying his eyes out. He didn't hear Yoongi and he couldn't see the man from the way his arms were blocking out his eyes and sight. And the fact that the man was quiet and not even trying to console Jungkook made him all the more positive that his thoughts had been correct.

Yoongi was disgusted with him. Yoongi thought he was weak or useless. No one wanted to look after a weak child and that made Jungkook cry all the more.

Everything was washed away when Jungkook felt the cushion on the couch dip down with an unexpected weight. He reached out blindly, thinking it must have been Holly and that Yoongi must have left him but his hand met with the comforting feeling of Yoongi's sweatshirt. He jerked his hand back, about to apologize when Yoongi scooped him up and settled him into his lap. He rocked them back and forth, ignoring how Jungkook fidgeted from the physical touch.

Yoongi forced Jungkook to bury his head in the crook of the older man's neck to help let him feel safe and perhaps just calm down. He wanted Jungkook to be alright and happy and it killed him inside when the boy was like this. What made him pause was his anger. He didn't want to lash out – not at Jungkook. Jungkook was the victim but it made Yoongi absolutely furious. He had finally snapped out of it and di what seemed to be a reoccurring process for him and Jungkook. He dragged the boy into his arms and held him whether he seemed to want to be held or not.

"I-I-I'm Sor-r-r-ry..." Jungkook was barely able to stutter out a sentence, far too wrapped up in the emotion of his own hurt to do any better. He faintly felt Yoongi shaking his head.

"No, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you," Jungkook could hear the older man's voice was thick with something – emotion... sadness? Was Yoongi sad?

And like that, Yoongi took care of Jungkook the rest of the day. He made sure he was well fed, offering him more than he could eat until Jungkook was practically begging to stop eating – a thing he never thought in his life would happen. Yoongi made sure Jungkook was comfortable, putting on a comedy film and watching it with the boy. Jungkook had become a fan of cokes, too, and so Yoongi often found himself stocking the fridge with them. He let Jungkook have three that day. Normally he only allowed Jungkook one, telling him that they weren't exactly healthy even though they were tasty. But Jungkook had decided he "loved the feeling of fizzy on his tongue" and always asked for more than one anyway.

Their day was lazy, ending with a longer walk than usual for Holly, which Jungkook joined them on. They went to bed in the same way they usually did. Yoongi had to wake Jungkook up from nightmare three times that night and it hurt to hear Jungkook screaming and whimpering for help and begging for someone to stop harming him. Everything seemed peaceful in the morning, though. Yoongi woke up firth for once, smiling and flicking some scattered pieces of hair out of Jungkook's face. Jungkook blinked a few times at the action, finally waking up.

"Good morning, hyung," He yawned.

Yoongi beamed back at him, "Morning, Jungkook,"

Yoongi always looked so handsome and put together. Even when he had just woken up and was trying to walk in a straight line to get to get to the bathroom through his sleep muddled steps he was still one of the most beautiful things Jungkook had ever seen. Jungkook was exposed to beauty all the time now. He saw beautiful people at Yoongi's studio – actors, actresses, billboard singers and top notch artists and producers – he saw beauty on the TV screen whenever he sat down to watch his favorite dramas or if he was just scrolling through the channels. But Yoongi's beauty was something entirely different and unique. Yoongi's beauty couldn't even be likened to anything Jungkook had ever seen.

And the way Yoongi made him feel...

Yoongi felt like love, warmth, safety and home. And even though Jungkook wasn't entirely sure what love or home was, he had to think it was something like Yoongi.

He had seen Yoongi be so tough and even rude or perhaps a bit mean to other artists and producers – especially Namjoon and Jin in a somewhat joking manner – but Yoongi never once said anything like that to Jungkook. It had become a habit of his, if anything, to compliment the boy. And Yoongi was always giving Jungkook things. He would go out during lunch, leaving Jungkook to look over his music tracks and he would return with sweets or sodas or even clothes, hats and shoes for the boy. Jungkook had told him to stop multiple times while saying he wasn't worth the money being spent on him but Yoongi wouldn't stop.

Yoongi was always taking pictures of him whenever he thought Jungkook didn't notice or wasn't looking. His voice was never raised to Jungkook and he never looked at him how he looked at his coworkers. There was no annoyance when his eyes would settle on the younger, no matter how exhausted he was or how fed up he was with his work load or how a song wasn't working out how he wanted. Whenever he was frustrated, when he looked at Jungkook, it was as if all of that melted away. Jungkook noticed how he would be so focused that his brow would crease and he would bite his lip. Even if Namjoon came into his private studio trying to get his attention, Yoongi would ignore him completely. But the moment Jungkook called out to him, he would turn, his eyes meeting those of the younger, he was always rewarded with Yoongi's face relaxing and a charming, half smile decorating his features.

"Are you ready for today?" Yoongi prodded Jungkook's shoulder gently.

Jungkook nodded, pulling himself from the warm, inviting covers of Yoongi's bed, "Yes, hyung,"

================

Please comment and vote! :)