40

The car ride was mostly silent. Jungkook was staring out the window, eyes not truly taking in colors of the silver and grey high-rises flying past. His eyes were almost glossed over, his own mind at work as he thought about what he was doing and if it was a mistake. But for once, he felt safe, as Yoongi was with him. Yoongi had never let anything happen to Jungkook and the younger was certain he wouldn't start now.

Jungkook eyes wandered from the scene passing his window and settled on Yoongi. What did he really know about Yoongi? The man didn't speak about himself very often and most certainly never about his past. But there was also something else. Something Jin had said...

"Do you have anything to ask me?" Yoongi had caught the younger staring out of the corner of his eyes. He had seen the younger's doe eyes go from a glazed expression to a livelier one almost as soon as they had landed on him.

Jungkook hesitated but spoke up anyway. They were still a few minutes away from the studio and had time to speak, "Jin hyung said something about a man who you'd do anything for... who was that?"

Yoongi frowned. He wanted to keep shut about it and walk off but Jungkook had been open and honest with him and now Yoongi would do the same, "My ex-boyfriend... he passed away a few years ago."

Jungkook was silent before letting out a quiet, "I'm sorry..." he let his eyes drop. He shouldn't have pried.

It hurt to even mention him despite not even saying his name. Life for Yoongi had become cold and lonely after his boyfriend was gone. What was worse was Yoongi had no way to turn back the time and make things right. He blamed himself for years.

"We had gotten into an argument that night," Yoongi's hands tightened on the steering wheel as he continued, "He said he was gonna go out and get some fresh air because he just needed to get away from me for a few hours." Yoongi sniffed but straightened himself. He absolutely refused to have a breakdown in front of Jungkook while he was driving to go find the man who hurt the younger, "His car was found on the side of the road. He had gone into a convenience store to get some snacks and the place was held up. He tried to stop a man with a knife and-"

Yoongi pulled over into a parking lot. He couldn't finish. He was shaking so badly he couldn't even drive. Yoongi remembered now why he had never mentioned his past boyfriend. It hurt so much. The memories hurt so much but there was nothing Yoongi could do to make them go away. He had gotten rid of every single thing that had ever reminded him of that man and even devoted all of his time to his work so he wouldn't have to think about him.

And then Jungkook came. Sweet, little Jungkook who was so naive and needed someone almost as much if not more than Yoongi himself did. Jungkook had made everything better and for once Yoongi didn't have to go looking for things to make him forget. He could just be happy with how unique and loveable Jungkook was.

Damn Jin for telling Jungkook about that and making Yoongi remember. Yoongi furiously rubbed his eyes. Jungkook saw them quickly becoming red rimmed and his heart ached to do something that would make the older man feel better. He reached out, confident that Yoongi actually liked skin-ship and rubbed his shoulder in the most soothing way he could. He felt awkward, he didn't know how to truly comfort someone given that the only person he ever had to comfort was himself.

Yoongi felt Jungkook's hand and he couldn't help but feel a little something stir in his chest. Jungkook hated touching but the put it aside for Yoongi.

"It's gonna be ok, hyung," Jungkook pulled Yoongi's hands away from his face and smiled at the older, putting as much feeling into his lips as he could, hoping Yoongi might lighten at the sight. He was correct and Yoongi shot him a small, half forced smile back but it was better than nothing.

In a moment of confidence, Jungkook leaned forward, clutching to Yoongi's shoulder and the back of his neck and did what Yoongi had done for him earlier. He pressed little kisses all around Yoongi's face, not stopping until he was rewarded with a small laugh and a gummy smile. After that he simply hugged the older man, happy that Yoongi was feeling better. Yoongi hugged him back, tightly, burying his nose into the crook of Jungkook's neck and pressing his lips to the skin as well to where Jungkook could feel the curve of his smile.

"You're absolutely amazing, Kookie." Yoongi whispered to the younger, "Thank you."

===========

Please comment and vote! I think this story only has about 5 - 8 chapter left guys...

sorry for the short filler - work has been kinda killing me so this was a day late getting updated too

Also, I swear I will update Bad Boy today (or tonight) so it's coming, just a little slow....