15

Jin and Yoongi spoke for another hour and a half. It all revolved around Jungkook and what they could do to find out more about him. The boy seemed incredibly closed and Jin had mused that there must be a very important reason for that. Their conversation moved onwards towards care. All Yoongi could do was nod and ask question about how to take care of another human being. Jin was going to be leaving soon and Yoongi needed to know what to do. Jin gave him small tips and mostly just told him to be caring and understanding – two things Yoongi inherently wasn't.

"Don't pressure him too much until he gets better, ok Yoongi?" Jin finished up. He looked over to see his boyfriend fast asleep in Yoongi's reclining chair, snoring softly and wrinkling his nose every few minutes. Jin thought it was adorable and immediately pulled out his phone to take a quick picture of his slumbering boyfriend. Yoongi, on the other hand, just looked on with something like distain on his features.

"I can't believe him. I give him food and then he just falls asleep in my house..." Yoongi shook his head in mock disbelief. He knew Namjoon had to be tired to fall asleep like that.

"Well, I'm going to take him home so he'll be out of your way." Jin stood and Yoongi did as well. They exchanged a quick, tight hug and then Jin started to pick up his boyfriend. Namjoon stirred a bit but didn't wake up. It was all Yoongi could do not to snicker at the sight. Namjoon was so much taller than Jin that watching Jin carry him was almost comical. His long legs were dangling over Jin's arms as the man picked Namjoon up bridal style and solicited Yoongi's help in opening door and buckling him up safely in their car.

Jin and Yoongi gave each other one more tight hug before Jin drove off with a worn out Namjoon. It was then that Yoongi let himself chuckle, walking back into his house and deciding to take Holly for a quick walk. He didn't want to be gone too long incase Jungkook needed him. Holly was ecstatic to be going for a walk. He bounced around and yipped until Yoongi was finally able to clip his leash on and take him outside.

The neighborhood was nice and Yoongi liked walking Holly there. But never for too long. As much as Yoongi loved Holly he hated his neighbors and most of them were nosy old women who sometimes tried to hook him up with their daughters or nieces. It didn't seem to matter how many times he told them he was uninterested, another pretty girl would show up outside and call to him or show up at his door and introduce herself as "the girl next door."

Yoongi finally made it back home with Holly. Their walk had taken longer than he had expected. Yoongi often got lost in thought and his legs would just carry him wherever they wished to go. Holly always seemed fine with that, happily yipping and sniffing here and there as their journey either took a longer turn or shorter one. Today, however, Holly was worn out and immediately wandered to his water bowl, drinking a generous amount before curling up on his dog bed in the living room.

Yoongi gulped his own cup of water before deciding he needed to go upstairs and check on Jungkook before he could take a shower or a nap. Once he mounted the stairs, though, he was shocked at what was in front of him.

"What the hell are you doing?"

Jungkook's frame was shaking like a leaf in the wind. His wide doe eyes looked up at Yoongi. Their brown, whisky color clouded with tears as his arms shook trying to hold himself up. He was half laying and what looked to be half crawling in the hallway, a small blanket wrapped around his torso as he shook.

"I'm sorry," was all he whimpered out before his arms failed him and he collapsed back to the floor. A sob wracked his small body. All he could do was lay there and cry pitifully.

Yoongi was by his side in an instant, trying to pick him up but Jungkook flinched from his touch. Yoongi felt a pang of hurt in his chest. All he had ever done was help Jungkook but the boy still was afraid of his touch or perhaps just didn't like it.

"Hey, it's ok..." Yoongi did his best to calm the weeping boy. Jungkook had hidden his face in his arms as he lay on the floor, "But what were you doing? You know what the doctor said – you can't do this shit. You're going to hurt yourself."

"I-I just..." Jungkook took a shuddering breath, looking up at Yoongi with angry, red tear streaks running down his soft face, "I wanted to do something by myself. I'm a burden to hyung."

Something in Yoongi snapped, "You are not a burden and don't you ever say that again, Jungkook. Do you understand me?" he gripped Jungkook by his upper arm. The boy flinched and whimpered, hiding his head under his arms as though he was about to be hit. He choked out a quiet apology from under his arms.

It was then that something clicked within Yoongi. His brows furrowed at the boy's behavior and his chest tightened, "Jungkook, has anyone ever hit you?"