5

"Here," Yoongi held out a few clothes to Jungkook as he led the younger to the bathroom. Jungkook took them gingerly with wide eyes, "You can wear some of mine until we can get you some better ones that fit you... they might be a bit small but they're the largest things I have."

Jungkook shuffled through the clothes, seeing a comfy pair of sweatpants and an oversized hoodie. His eyes flitted over the material of some underwear as well. His cheeks heated slightly but he bowed his head, uttering a thank you. Yoongi showed him where the towels and washcloths were before leaving him to his own devices.

Yoongi went to the living room, sitting back and flipping between a few different apps on his phone, debating whether he should text or call Namjoon to tell him what had happened. He shook his head, deciding against it. His attention was drawn away by a voice. Yoongi's head snapped up. Someone was singing. His mind immediately went to Jungkook. Could he be singing?

Yoongi crept up the stairs and down the hallway to the upstairs bathroom where Jungkook was showering. The voice gradually got louder, a sweet melody of sweet nothings floating into Yoongi's ears. He couldn't keep the soft smile spreading on his lips away as he listened to Jungkook sing words in a way he had never experienced before. Yoongi felt himself slipping down the wall and to the floor, blanketed in the sweet ballad tumbling from the younger's lips.

Yoongi found himself frowning as when the water cut off, so did Jungkook's voice. He huffed a bit, wanting the younger to continue. Yoongi picked himself up, walking to the guest room and making sure everything was in order once more. The room was simple. A rustic pattern – wood floors, cream walls and a wooden chest of drawers and closet on one side of the room. The bed itself was rather large and Yoongi was quite proud to say, very comfortable. He had taken a painstakingly long time picking out the most comfortable furniture and mattresses. Sleep and rest were very important, serious things to Yoongi and so he made sure to get the best.

Yoongi looked back to the doorway to see Jungkook standing there, a half wet towel in his hands, his hair soaked and the small droplets of water shimmering in the light of the room. As gorgeous of a scene as it was, Yoongi still found himself jumping back in surprise. He hadn't heard Jungkook's approach.

"Thank you...." Jungkook hesitated a moment, eyes wander from the floor to his bare feet as he contemplated whether or not to continue. He swallowed thickly before muttering, "I haven't felt clean for a long time... or warm... or full...."

In fact, Jungkook couldn't remember a time when he had felt any of those things except warmth. But that had been in the swelter of summer when he could sleep outside. He swallowed back the memories flooding into his head, biting his lip and refusing to look into Yoongi's eyes.

Yoongi calmed his racing heart from the small fright, stepping forward and sliding his fingers under Jungkook's chin to gently tug his head up.

"You're welcome." He broke out into a smile, trying to make the younger feel better, "Are you tired?"

It was a ridiculous question – of course Jungkook was tired. The younger had been pulled out of sleep only a few hours earlier in Yoongi's car. He had been tired then and he had only seemed to stay awake due to panic but now the exhaustion was creeping back in. he had eaten, he was warm and clean. It was the perfect time to go to sleep.

Yoongi couldn't help the small chuckle at the sight of Jungkook's half lidded doe eyes as the younger tried not to rub them with balled fists. Yoongi took him gently by the arm, snatching the towel out of his fingers and ushering into the bed as he pulled back the sheets and covers. Jungkook hesitated.

"You want me to sleep in here?" Those large eyes looked up into Yoongi's.

Yoongi laughed, "Of course. Where else would you sleep?"

"On the floor." Jungkook said matter-of-factly.

"Well, you're sleeping in a bed while you're with me." Yoongi patted the mattress and watched as Jungkook gingerly climbed up, sliding his feet under the cool sheets. His eyes widened and he looked at Yoongi with something like childish wonder.

"I've never had my own bed before...." He muttered, sliding down and letting Yoongi pull the covers to his chin.

Yoongi didn't know why but there was something so precious about a moment like this. Of course, a few hours earlier he had been angry, threatening to call the police but now he was rather glad he hadn't.

"Good night, Jungkook,"

"Good night...."

Yoongi flicked the lights off and shut the door.

In the morning when Yoongi went to wake Jungkook up, he was nowhere to be found. Yoongi looked all over the house for him but his bed was made and there was no sign of him – no sign he had ever even been there. Yoongi padded downstairs, a sinking feeling in his heart. His eyes wander the island and he saw a note:

Thank you for letting me stay – I really appreciate it. I promise I won't bother you again

-JK

Yoongi called in, taking the day off and laying around the house for the majority of the day. He watched TV, flipped through Netflix and listened to music. None of it was satisfactory.

Yoongi didn't know what was wrong with him. He just wanted Jungkook. The boy had been a mystery and he liked that. But he also wanted to help him.

So, Yoongi did what he always did when he was distracted.

He took a walk.