Epilogue Part 1

"God damn it, Jungkook, you're getting too tall..."

Indeed Jungkook had quite outgrown Yoongi. He now towered over the older.

A lot had changed in a year.

Jungkook was not the skinny youth he had once been. Instead he had worked hard to pile on some weight and work out with Jin. It had been difficult at first and there were many days when he wanted to give up, but Yoongi was always there night and day cheering him on. He remembered before his muscles even really started to develop, Jungkook would often glance at himself in the bathroom mirror. At first Yoongi had left him alone and given him his space but it wasn't too long before Yoongi was in there as well, both of them shirtless after a shower and Yoongi pointing out how much Jungkook's body had changed. He would often run his fingers over Jungkook's stomach and mention how his stomach had gotten tighter and not because of malnourishment or he would tug on Jungkook's arms and coo at how large they had gotten.

The younger man was now more confident and would often work on projects without Yoongi with him at all, speaking animatedly to Namjoon about an idea he had while daydreaming. He learned to cook while being with Jin as well and Yoongi couldn't even express his joy when he would come how and see Jungkook over a hot oven, stirring whatever delicious treat he had in a pot or pan boiling or frying away as he walked through the door.

Jungkook had gotten out and even made a few friends. It was nice to see Jungkook go out once a week with his buddies and Yoongi got to see Jungkook bloom into a true young man as he learned to dance and sing professionally or even when he went bowling or the group of boys decided to go swimming or take archery lessons.

Some things didn't change at all.

Jungkook still stayed with Yoongi at night. They had a routine now. Jungkook never actually moved into Yoongi's room. Instead they would do the same thing every night. Jungkook would come stumbling in with his blanket and pillow and curl up into Yoongi's side before drifting off. He had stopped asking for permission within four months.

Jungkook still had nightmares. Yoongi doubted they would ever truly go away. They had gotten better but they were still there and a night never went by without Jungkook either waking himself and Yoongi up with his crying or Yoongi waking up to save Jungkook from his own torturous slumber.

Jungkook still waited for permission to go many things. He never ate a bite before Yoongi did and gave him the go ahead and he never really fought with Yoongi. There were some days when Yoongi could see it in his eyes; the desire to have some kind of confrontation as his lips pressed together and he set his jaw. He never would raise his voice, though. Not after that one night when he ran away.

He still doubted himself. Sometimes it would make Yoongi absolutely furious how much Jungkook would speak badly about himself and sometimes it almost became annoying how often Jungkook would ask if he was being a bother. But Yoongi was careful never to lose his temper with things like this. Jungkook was not healed fully and perhaps never would be. He needed constant reinforcement and reminding that he was worthy of love and that Yoongi would be there to give it unconditionally.

One thing, and the best thing that had changed, in Yoongi's opinion, was Jungkook's relationship with touching. Being amongst a group of hearty boys Jungkook had more or less been forced to get used to regular and almost constant skin ship. The boys were close and would often hug each other or hang off of one another's arms. Jungkook had struggled with this at first and had asked for Yoongi's help. Through their relationship Jungkook was able to go out and form other healthy relationships.

Yoongi and Jungkook's relationship had also blossomed. Yoongi loved to be able to hug Jungkook without him shrinking back or flinching. He loved that Jungkook would even reciprocate his touch and hug or kiss him back. There were many days that Jungkook would initiate a kiss that would last all evening and that alone was enough to make Yoongi melt and his heart soar leagues above the clouds only to come back down when Jungkook would quietly giggle as they broke apart, dizzy with the need of oxygen and each other. Yoongi always made sure they never went too far. He wanted Jungkook to be completely comfortable and as long as he was, Yoongi would also be happy.

Currently Yoongi was reaching for something on the highest shelf in his kitchen. Jungkook had been kind enough to step over and reach it for him, his added height making things easier for him. There were some times that Yoongi felt jealous that he wasn't the taller one. He was the dominant one in the relationship and that sometimes made him feel as though he should be the one towering over Jungkook and not the other way around. Jungkook was a cute giant, though, and so Yoongi could never be annoyed for long if at all.

"Hyung?"

"Yes, Kookie?"

Jungkook handed Yoongi the cup he had been reaching for, "Can I have a kiss?" his eyes were everywhere but on Yoongi. That was another thing that had barely changed, Jungkook was still very, very shy.

Yoongi only grinned, leaning forward and pecking Jungkook on the lips. That didn't seem to be enough because as soon as he was leaning away Jungkook was whining.

"Hyung?"

"Yes, Kookie?"

Jungkook leaned forward himself and claimed a real kiss, slotting his lips against Yoongi's and melting from the softness with which Yoongi treated him.

"I love you."

Jungkook didn't say those words often and that's how Yoongi knew he truly meant them.

"I love you, too, Jungkook. More than anything in the world."

And Yoongi wasn't lying. The small boy he had found curled up in his car sleeping had turned into a man. This boy had healed his heart from the pain of loss and all the suffering he had endured and he could only hope he had done something of the such for Jungkook was well.

That night as spent as a family: Yoongi, Jungkook and Holly. They were all curled up on Yoongi's sofa, simply cuddling and watching dramas. Jungkook loved dramas and Yoongi was only more than happy to lay with the younger and enjoy the way he giggled at the ridiculous scenarios that presented themselves on the screen.

This was their life now.

And they were happy.