19

Jungkook smiled. He couldn't remember a time he had ever felt so comfortable in all his life. He felt warm, cared for, full, clean and especially he felt like he was floating a little. Perhaps it was the haze of sleep still leaving his body and mind or perhaps he was just in a good mood. He didn't care. It was a nice feeling and Jungkook wanted it to last forever and ever.

It was only when his stomach started growling a tad bit that Jungkook started to rub the sleep from his eyes. He blinked a few times, focusing before his eyes landed on quite a sight. Yoongi had fallen asleep beside him, hands clutching his hips gently but firmly as he, too, slept away the day. Jungkook blinked again, trying to recall the events of last night.

He had had a nightmare. He always had nightmares, there was nothing special about that.

Yoongi had woken him up.

Yoongi had offered to stay with him until he fell asleep.

Beyond that, Jungkook couldn't remember. He lay there, stock still, just taking in Yoongi's face in the morning light screaming through the half closed blinds of the room. He seemed utterly peaceful and content to be so close to another person like Jungkook. Jungkook tried to scooch away a bit but all that happened was that Yoongi stirred slightly, pulling their bodies closer together. Jungkook let out a sigh. He wasn't exactly opposed to the contact, he just wasn't used to it. He hadn't hugged anyone in years and the fact that he was now being held close was foreign.

But Yoongi was so warm and so soft and if Jungkook let himself, he could fall asleep in Yoongi's arms like he had for most of the night. Another thing occurred to him as he took in Yoongi's slightly red rimmed eyes and the way his nose twitched. He hadn't had any more violent nightmares since Yoongi slept with him. It had been a mostly peaceful sleep with only some vivid dreams but nothing as chaotic or disturbing as what he had gone through prior.

Could Yoongi's presence help with his sleep?

Yoongi finally began to stir. He groaned a bit, wrinkling his nose and taking a hand from Jungkook's waist to scratch his cheek. He rarely woke up on his own timetable. Normally there would be an alarm or Holly would come and lick his neck or face to get him to come downstairs and feed both of them. However, Yoongi was shocked, for today, there was no alarm and no eager puppy ready to go for a walk. He couldn't remember the last time that had happened. He finally opened his eyes, vision blurry and his brain fuzzy from sleep.

"Good morning..." Jungkook whispered to the man.

Yoongi's eyes widened as he realized their position. He didn't freak out physically, though. He barely moved, being too lazy and too tired to do so until he woke up a bit more, but in his head, things were certainly chaotic.

How did you manage to fall asleep next to the boy?

Why are you holding him, for god's sake?

Jin was right, he's cute... Yoongi grunted at himself for that last thought.

"Yoongi hyung?" Jungkook timidly tried to get the older man's attention.

"What?" Yoongi's voice was deeper in the morning, laced with grogginess and sleep and Jungkook felt a small zap of excitement run through his body at the sound of it. It was quite odd but he supposed he liked the feeling. He had never felt it before, though.

"Umm... it's morning..."

Yoongi chuckled, "No shit, Sherlock." He rolled over, slipping his hands off of Jungkook. He decided not to say anything about it. It was embarrassing and Jungkook already looked discomfited and self-conscious with his ruddy cheeks and wide, brown, doe eyes looking at Yoongi's veiny hands, "I'll get breakfast started. Today is going to be a big day, Jungkook." He slipped out from the bed.

"Why, hyung?" Jungkook sat up gingerly, trying not to disturb his stitches.

"We're going to the studio today. And we're going shopping. I can't have you borrowing all my clothes, we need to get you your own."

Jungkook frowned, "I don't have any money for clo-"

"Who's asking you to pay? You're in my care now and that comes with clothes. So just calm yourself and get ready to have breakfast." Yoongi stretched his arms above his head and tilted his spine backwards. He groaned a bit as some of his bones popped but he sighed in relief once he was done with his stretching, "I think I have a few extra toothbrushes from when I've been out of town and bought a pack. You can go pick out witch one you like while I make breakfast. They're in my bathroom in the second drawer down on the left." And with that Jungkook watched as his hyung and newly sound savior made his way out of Jungkook's room and around the corner to go and make breakfast.

Jungkook could already feel that Yoongi had been right. It was going to be a long day. But for the first time in years and perhaps for the first time he could remember, he was excited about that.

================

Please comment and vote! SugaKookie is beginning.... XD