8

Jungkook's begging didn't slow down. Yoongi had asked him time and time again who would find him but the younger only shook his head, tears beading around the corners of his eyes as he sucked in harsh breaths.

"You said you'd take care of me..." he whimpered as he curled in on himself, almost shrieking as he realized he could barely move without severe pain.

Yoongi's heart clenched. He had promised to take care of Jungkook before they had gotten to the ambulance.

But he's a stranger – a man with no home. He looks like a child but he could be dangerous....

But he's so broken and thin. Would it be a sin to keep for just a little while?

Yoongi promised to speak with the doctors about moving Jungkook into his home. Jungkook had been so utterly happy he had smiled, despite his pain and he kept thanking Yoongi again and again. Yoongi made it clear that there were no promises and if the doctors wouldn't let him leave, then Jungkook would have to remain in the hospital. At the moment it seemed good enough for Jungkook and the boy fell asleep not long after. That left Yoongi to his own devices.

While the boy slept Yoongi went about talking to the nurses and doctors. He found out that while Jungkook was stable, he wasn't stable enough and so he'd have to stay a few more days. They told Yoongi he was severely malnourished and that he needed constant care and good food. But if Yoongi could provide that care and once Jungkook was out of the red zone, he might be released into Yoongi's custody. Given that he was an adult and they didn't find anything bad in his background check.

Yoongi almost laughed. The boy had no idea how old he was much less what he last name used to be. He had been adopted to a man somewhere else. How were these people going to find his past whereabouts?

He was happy to get back to Jungkook with at least some good news. He hope the boy would be at least the smallest bit happy that he could just stay at Yoongi's until he got back on his feet. But what would he do after he healed? Jungkook had mentioned not having a home – that's how he ended up in Yoongi's car and ultimately at Yoongi's house and then the hospital. He also mentioned he wasn't part of a gang. Could that be why he was beaten by gang members on the streets of the bad part of town? Maybe he was crossing a line he didn't know about...

Yoongi stayed with Jungkook the rest of the day. He knew he'd have to get back to his work tomorrow but for the time being, he was quite content to simply sit by the boy's side and watch the gentle fall and rise of Jungkook's bandaged chest. He flipped through his social media a bit until he heard a low groan. His eyes flicked up to see Jungkook's heartrate monitor again. It was slowly speeding up once more but Jungkook's doe eyes were shut tightly. Yoongi frowned as he leaned forward and over the boy to see the way his eyelids flickered as they moved under the lid. Yoongi wasn't sure but he would bet money on the fact Jungkook was having a dream.

The boy shuddered under the thin covers over his body, squeaking. Yoongi looked at the call button beside the bed and wondered if he should press it. If it was only a dream, shouldn't he leave Jungkook alone? The boy needed sleep after all. He shot another look to the heartrate monitor which was steadily increasing but not worryingly so.

Yoongi waited and watched. If it got too bad or if Jungkook didn't even out and fall back to sleep, he'd wake him.

Jungkook twitched again as he brought one arm up to unconsciously cover his face. There was a low whine and Jungkook's mouth dropped open. He began to pant, twitching and jerking left and right. It wasn't normal behavior and his heartrate monitor did nothing but increase as his whines and whimpers became more and more frequent.

Yoongi shot another look to the call button, debating whether or not to push it when he heard Jungkook's voice, "Please, stop!" it was barely above a whisper and there was nothing but hurt laced in his voice, "I'm sorry, please, I'm sorry! I swear I won't do it again! Please, stop, it hurts!"

Yoongi picked that time to launch forward and gently shake Jungkook's shoulders. The young man's eyes immediately sprung open, his breathing ragged and pained. His doe eyes looked around wildly before landing on Yoongi's worried face. He slumped back into his bed with a deep sigh, moving his arm up to grip one of Yoongi's hands. His heartrate monitor hadn't slowed down.

"Are you ok?" Yoongi asked. He clutched Jungkook's frail hand in his own bigger one, sliding his thumb over the veins on the upper side of Jungkook's hand to try and comfort him.

Jungkook nodded even though there was still pain written across his features, "I'm fine." He croaked out, "Thirsty..."

Yoongi looked around the room before finding what he was looking for. There were several water bottles on a table by the door. Yoongi fetched one, opening it for Jungkook and handing it to the boy. Jungkook's hands didn't seem to work how he wanted them to and the water bottle immediately slipped out of his thin fingers.

Yoongi caught it before any more than a few drops slipped form the lip of the bottle. Jungkook looked broken, string down at the bottle dejectedly and longingly.

"Would you mind if I helped you?" Yoongi asked quietly. He didn't want to push too hard but the boy could use the water and he needed the help. Yoongi hoped he was too proud.

Jungkook only nodded, his small frame shaking slightly ever since he had woken up. Yoongi tipped the bottle up to Jungkook's dry lips and took several large gulps, sighing when Yoongi tilted the bottle back down and away.

Yoongi tilted the bottle towards the boy's mouth once again, "More?"

Jungkook shook his head. Instead, he took a deep breath and watched Yoongi cap the water bottle and put it on the bedside table.

"What did the doctors say?" he asked, playing the cover than was laid over him.

Yoongi smiled, "In a few more days you can come to stay with me."

"Just a few days?" Jungkook asked, his eyes wide and filled with hope.

Again Yoongi smiled, nodding, "Yes, Jungkook. Don't worry, I'll take care of you."

===================

Please comment!

Pick Up Lines has ended so this and a new story *wink-wonk it's coming soon plz give it love when it's released* are becoming my main focus for writing right now.

Also, if anyone could do me a great favor and send me a link to where a good cover artist is I'd be so thankful! I can't find any myself :(

I love you all!