Epilogue Part 2

There was an odd moment of silence. Jungkook was honestly shocked he was sitting here. Yoongi had been totally against it and usually Jungkook didn't challenge Yoongi. But this was different. This was something he had to do.

Sehun sat opposite of him. The man was dressed in an orange jumpsuit and Jungkook was surprised he had even agreed to meet with him. Jungkook had been the one to come during visiting hours but that didn't mean Sehun had to accept. Who would want a reminder of where they had gone wrong? And yet here they were, separated only by a stainless steel table. Sehun's hands were in cuffs, slotted into a hook in the table to where he couldn't stand up or walk around and more importantly, where he couldn't do anyone any physical damaged. He didn't look too good, his skin had lost his tan glow and had taken on a paler light. He was a bit buffer, and Jungkook supposed he must work out with the other inmates to keep himself going.

"You've changed." Sehun was looking Jungkook up and down, taking in the way his clothes fit well on him and how he had bulked up a bit.

"You haven't." It wasn't exactly a lie. Sehun had changed physically but Jungkook knew there was no way he had changed mentally.

His words still made Sehun's lips quirk downwards, "What do you want?" his voice was gruff and at one time that tone would have sent Jungkook away shivering and whimpering. But not anymore.

Jungkook took a deep breath. He had come here for this and he was going to do it.

"I want to say I forgive you."

Silence.

"What?"

"I forgive you, Sehun." Saying his name felt weird. Jungkook had never, ever said his name before despite knowing it. He had never been allowed and after a time, even thinking of saying it felt like poison in his mouth, "You're not strong enough to beat me down anymore and this is the last step I have to take before I truly am free of you."

Sehun smiled cruelly, his lip curling back, "You're never going to actually be free of me, Jungkook. You and I... we were meant to be together forever in this twisted game. Yoongi can't save you from that. He can't save you from yourself."

"Yoongi doesn't have to save me anymore. I'm strong enough on my own. You can't intimidate me anymore, either. I'm free and you're here where you belong." Jungkook stood and smiled. He had never smiled at Sehun before and it felt good to be able to do so sincerely after so many years, "This is my final goodbye to you, Sehun. We won't ever meet again. Just know I've forgiven you."

Jungkook walked out and for once in his life, he didn't look back. Instead he kept his gaze set forward, because where he was going was straight into the arms of his lover.

Jungkook was free. Not only from Sehun, but from himself.