20

Yoongi was downstairs making breakfast. The smell of frying meat was wafting through the house and Yoongi chuckled at Holly came prancing in to watch as he cooked. He bent down, rubbing the fluffy dog behind the ears and getting some dog food out for the hungry pup. Holly was quick to trail him through the kitchen so he could start gobbling up his own food. Another happy chuckle escaped his lips as he watched his dog eat and he made his way back to the oven. Yoongi was setting the oven to a lower temperature when thought occurred to him...

Jungkook couldn't walk yet.

Yoongi had been foolish enough to give him instructions to go get a toothbrush for himself when he couldn't even make it down the hall to the bathroom, much less all the way down the hall to Yoongi's room. He sighed, turning his stove top on low so his boiling water didn't boil over and went to go find the boy. If Yoongi could guess anything from knowing Jungkook so far, it would be that the boy had decided to try and walk anyway.

A sad sigh escaped the man's lips as he saw Jungkook on the floor in the hall. He was trying to crawl and looked like he was about to break down in tears.

"Jungkook, stop." Yoongi caught up with the boy with little problem, almost taking his time to walk over to the boy.

Jungkook's doe eyes were sparkling with the threat of unfallen tears. Yoongi could feel the shame radiating through him.

"I'm sorry..." he sat upright, wincing as the pain in his abdomen flared up.

Yoongi only sighed again. Why couldn't the boy just speak up and remind him he couldn't walk? His pride was ridiculous. Yoongi swooped in, slipping his arms under Jungkook's legs only to have the boy try and squirm out of his hold, an embarrassed and uncomfortable look on his face. Yoongi pulled back, sitting back on his ankles.

"Jungkook," his voice was firm and he could have sworn he saw Jungkook shudder as the younger bent his head downwards, "We've been through this. Let me carry you."

Another shudder but Jungkook still held out his arms, signaling for Yoongi to pick him up and let him wrap his outstretched arms around Yoongi's neck. Jungkook was still far too light. Yoongi hoped some good breakfast might help. It was ridiculous to expect weight gain overnight and he figured he needed to start asking Jin what things he could feed Jungkook to get him back into better shape. Still, it was nice holding the boy's body to his own and Yoongi silently basked in the warmth of his skin.

Getting down stairs with Jungkook in his arms was a bit tricky. At least Holly wasn't underfoot, probably still eating in the kitchen or perhaps just watching their food as it fried away. Still, with careful footing and making sure he didn't trip or drop the fragile boy in his arms, Yoongi finally made it to the bottom of his staircase and into the kitchen. He sat Jungkook down on the kitchen island and quickly fetched a plate for the boy, taking a quick peek as their food to make sure it hadn't burned. It was cooking perfectly and almost done. Yoongi hummed, throwing a glance at Jungkook. The boy was sitting stock still, his head down and gnawing lightly on his lip.

"Jungkook," Yoongi called.

The boy's head snapped up, "Yes, hyung?" his voice was a bit shaky.

"I'll be right back, I'm going to go get your toothbrush." Jungkook nodded in reply to Yoongi's words.

Yoongi went about his business for the best of the morning, helping Jungkook take care of himself and picking out a nice outfit for him. Yoongi thanked his lucky stars he still had some of Namjoon's clothes in his house from the last time his fellow producer had just crashed at his for the night. They were a bit big on Jungkook – actually they engulfed him... but it was still better than having him dressed in Yoongi's clothes which were definitely too short.

Once the dishes were washed and Yoongi made sure that Jungkook was relatively comfortable in what he was wearing, he helped Jungkook to his car. He chuckled as he helped the boy into the front seat and made sure to make a little comment about how he was no legally riding with Yoongi. Jungkook offered up his own little giggle and then the two were off to Yoongi's studio.

====================

I'm sorry this is so bad! My vertigo was so bad tonight I honestly could barely even see to write it. I hope it's not trash :(