21

Jungkook was absolutely exhausted. It was his first day walking mostly by himself again. Yoongi was there for every step of the way, carrying him or holding his arm when he absolutely needed it. It was tiring to walk again and Jungkook's mind was in overdrive from all the thing he had experienced that day. He had eaten out at a restaurant for the first time in his life. Yoongi had ordered him a cheeseburger and Jungkook had devoured it immediately. It had been so greasy, juicy and absolute heaven. Yoongi had ordered him two more until Jungkook was thoroughly stuff. He also got Jungkook French fries, two milkshakes and let the boy eat half of his meal as well. Jungkook didn't feel like eating ever again – he had gorged himself and now he was beyond content.

Yoongi had taken time showing Jungkook the ins and outs of producing music and how he mixed beats. He showed Jungkook a few piano chords and played a few songs for him. Jungkook had fallen in love with the sounds. He had heard pianos before but it was rare that he had music in his life at all. Jungkook had spent most of his day running around with Yoongi, learning, eating and giving his opinion and feedback on Yoongi's music and tunes. Yoongi had promised him that tomorrow, they would start the recording process and Jungkook could sit in and watch and that he might even be able to sing as well. Jungkook was so excited for tomorrow he could nearly burst.

They had also gone shopping. Jungkook needed clothes of his own and Yoongi was happy to provide. They got him shoes, socks, pajamas, pants, shirts – Jungkook seemed to have an affinity for plain white tee shirts. Which was fine with Yoongi, they were cheap and came in an eight pack and he could buy a lot at a low price and it made Jungkook squeal in delight. Yoongi found himself smiling, wanting to spoil the boy at every turn. And for the most part, he did.

They had finally trudged back to Yoongi's house, greeted by a very happy Min Holly. Yoongi had taken a few minutes to simply play with the pup before helping Jungkook upstairs and into his room to let him get dressed for bed. It was late and they had both skipped dinner given the amount of food they'd eaten that afternoon. Yoongi had thought about having a late night snack but he'd wait until later.

Yoongi left Jungkook to his IPod while he went to go walk Holly. Jungkook had asked if he should come along but Yoongi shook his head, noting that the boy truly needed some rest. He took Holly out, enjoying the night air and watching as the stars began to appear more clearly. They were still in the city and so the stars would never be terribly bright but it was still a comforting sight to see something twinkling in the sky.

Yoongi returned home without having to stop and talk to any of his neighbors. They all seemed to be in their own houses, enjoying television or perhaps already sleeping. Holly was happy to get back inside as well, going straight to the dog bed in the living room and curling up in a tight ball to doze off. Their walk had lasted nearly thirty minutes and so Yoongi supposed Jungkook would be fast asleep by then. He walked up the stairs, making it to his own room and changing his clothes. He was about to slip into bed when a knock on his door startled him. He shook his head. He had been living alone for too long. It had to be Jungkook.

Yoongi made his way to the door, opening it softly. Jungkook was there, looking down and showing Yoongi just a soft head of hair.

Jungkook didn't even look up, something like a pout on his lips, "Can I – " he paused, eyes planted firmly on his feet, "Never mind." He turned to walk away but the other grabbed onto his arm, gently.

"What is it? It's ok to tell me." Yoongi knew that Jungkook wasn't a fan of skin ship. It was abundantly clear in the way he'd accidently jerk away or flinch when anyone else's skin came into contact with his own. Jungkook didn't even need to say for Yoongi to guess it was from some kind of abuse.

Jungkook wouldn't meet the Yoongi's eyes, "I thought maybe... maybe I could sleep with you because last night it helped...."

The nightmares...

Yoongi smiled gently and pulled the Jungkook in for a soft hug. He wanted to squeeze and make it seem like he was something solid – an anchor for the other to latch onto but he knew it wouldn't be taken well. Not yet. As it was he felt the other already stiffening from their close proximity. However, it didn't stop him from burying his head in the boy's neck. He felt the other relax and felt thin arms link around his back and pat him a few times in a thankful gesture.

Yoongi pulled back with a smile on his face, "Of course. It's no problem. My bed is big enough for two."

The other smiled, something shining in his eyes. He played with his fingernails uttering a quick, "Thank you," before scurrying off.

=====================

proud of myself for actually updating Crossed Hearts and Sweet as Sugar

Please comment and vote!

And if you want, check out Sweet as Sugar!! :D