44

Jungkook remembered the first time he had ever been beaten.

Sehun had been there. He and his older brother were Jungkook's "owners." Jungkook didn't understand at the time but that wasn't a normal thing. Jungkook had taken a bite of bread. He wasn't supposed to have anything to eat that day as a punishment for crying earlier. Sehun's brother had been furious and had hurt Jungkook so badly he had been sent to the hospital. When the doctors asked what happened Jungkook said nothing, afraid of angering the man again. Sehun and his brother lied and covered it up.

When Jungkook was ten Sehun's older brother went to prison for attempted murder. Jungkook thought things might start looking up for him. He was wrong. Sehun was far crueler to Jungkook than his brother ever was and Sehun did things to Jungkook and made him do things that his older brother would never have. Jungkook didn't bother to count the bruises after a time. He didn't bother to care for anything other than escaping his plight by going to school and even there he went unnoticed. Jungkook had always been too afraid to run away. Sehun had made sure that he doubted himself. Jungkook made sure he did everything Sehun commanded even though he dreaded every single second with the man and Sehun would often tell Jungkook to go and wait in his room for him.

Jungkook had turned eighteen and graduated high school. It was only after one particularly harsh week did Jungkook finally find his resolve to run. Sehun had thought Jungkook was broken enough to not even dare to leave. After years of conditioning one would think that Jungkook had reached his breaking point long ago and now he was simply alive to serve. But Jungkook was strong. Strong than Sehun or his brother ever imagined. Stronger than Jungkook himself had ever imagined.

After a week of being on the run, Jungkook found Yoongi. And all of these events had transpired from that one night he decided to seek refuge in a stranger's car. Yoongi loved him now. Jungkook was sure of it the way his face contorted in anger, and not at him for once in his life, but at Sehun. He knew Yoongi loved him the way he screamed at the police to be careful because Jungkook was a hostage and that he was the main priority. Jungkook knew Yoongi loved him the way held him after the police came and took Sehun but not before the man could do harm to Jungkook with his knife. And it was in those moments that Jungkook finally understood he was indeed loved.

As his world grew dark he could only smile. As he saw Yoongi's head fading in and out of the darkness surrounding his vision he felt at peace. He was tired for so long. Perhaps now he could rest. Sehun was being taken away and Yoongi was here now.

Only Yoongi....

Two weeks later...

Yoongi frowned as he looked at the headstone. The cemetery was quiet, seeming empty as though Yoongi truly was the only living thing around for miles. Of course he knew that was a silly thought but in the silence of such a resting place it almost seemed true. Brisk wind swept through, carding through Yoongi's hair as he simply stood still and stared.

"You loved him more than anything in the world, didn't you?"

Yoongi nodded, startled by the small voice beside him.

The name Park Jimin was bold on the headstone, bringing tears to Yoongi's eyes. He hadn't been here in so long – since the day of his beloved's funeral. He had sworn to never return. He couldn't bear the pain that came along with the finality of knowing his little Jimin was gone.

"I'm sorry, hyung."

And yet it didn't hurt as much now as it had in the past. Jungkook's arm was slotted around his own, clinging to him as if to find some semblance of warmth in the drizzle of rain that was starting to fall. It was cold at first, and desolate as the storm clouds rolled in and covered Yoongi in an even thicker blanket of sorrow.

Yoongi smiled despite the fact there were silent tears of pain streaking down his pale cheeks. Jungkook had been such a help that Yoongi didn't even fully understand it until he was standing here, facing his worst fear of all.

Jungkook had been let out of the hospital a week prior. Yoongi had demanded he stay in bed but as the younger, youthful boy Jungkook was he couldn't stay still for long. Jungkook had been stabbed twice: once in the stomach and once in the chest. He almost hadn't made it through surgery and Yoongi was ready to have a mental breakdown. He couldn't bear to lose Jungkook. Not after everything they had been through together. Once Jungkook had started feeling better he and Yoongi had begun talking seriously together. After a long talk about Yoongi's past, Jungkook begged the man to bring him here.

To the gravesite of Park Jimin, Yoongi's old boyfriend.

Jungkook had spoken of closure. Yoongi simply let him, too caught up in the emotions of what he was doing to really listen to the boy. He had even missed Jungkook getting out a buying a rose until Jungkook had walked forward and set the flower on top of Jimin's grave, bowing low in respect for a man he never knew. Yoongi had asked him why and Jungkook had replied with,

"Because he made you who you are and if he hadn't, I wouldn't be standing here today."

But even as those words were said, Yoongi's mind was already racing, right along with his heart. Jungkook had been right. He needed to come back here. He had Jungkook now. The memory of Jimin would always be there but it was time to move on. Jimin would never have wanted Yoongi trapped in such a dark place. Jungkook's smile made everything better.

Yoongi was learning to let go. He knew the pain wouldn't disappear in a day – hell, it had been several years... but with Jungkook he could heal.

Yoongi was learning to love again.

=============

Please comment and vote!

There's just the epilogue left. Who wants me to finish the story today? It's already written

I'm sorry if this was stupidly rushed I'm trying to make it better but I feel like I've just ruined the tory line completely anyway