11

Jungkook had been surprised to see Yoongi again so soon after he had left the younger to rest but he was happy the gruff older man was back. He sat up as quickly as possible, blushing when Yoongi told him to take his time and helped him into an upright position where he could lean back against the wall with a few pillowed behind him for support and comfort. He almost squealed with excitement when Yoongi handed him the cold bottle of soda.

"I've always wanted to try one of these! I've heard they're super good!" He ran his hands over the label, taking in the chill of the drink and loving the way small droplets of water were starting to form on the glass.

Yoongi's brow furrowed, "You've never had a coke before?" He sat himself at the edge of Jungkook's bed near the end to make sure Jungkook had plenty of room and wasn't being crowded.

Jungkook quickly shook his head, "Never. I've seen them but I've never been able to drink one." he looked at the red and white label with wide eyes, "Is it true that they make your tongue tingle?"

Yoongi chuckled and nodded, "When you first open them and drink them yes."

Jungkook immediately put his hands on the lid about to open it before Yoongi said a quick, "Be careful so it doesn't explode!"

Jungkook's hand flew off of the lid. He was afraid to open it now, "What do you mean explode?" his does eyes widened.

"The drink will explode – all the liquid will shoot out of the bottle." Yoongi didn't know if Jungkook was serious or he honestly had no clue.

Jungkook handed the bottle back to Yoongi, "Will you open it for me?"

Normally Yoongi would never, ever have done such a small thing for anyone. He would have snorted at them before shaking up the bottle and telling them to open it themselves. But as Jungkook looked at him with those chocolate colored eyes, Yoongi found himself melting. He twisted the cap off letting it come with a small pop. The drink fizzed as the pressure was released but it thankfully stayed in the bottle. Yoongi carefully handed the drink back to Jungkook. The boy did nothing but thank him again and again for his generosity and for opening the bottle.

Jungkook didn't drink, though.

He observed the contents and sniffed the drink cautiously, "It doesn't really smell like anything," he noted. Yoongi shrugged, sipping his own soda and slowly pulling his phone from his pocket. If this really was Jungkook's first soda, he wanted a picture of it.

He flipped the camera on and held the device up as Jungkook tipped his head back with the glass at his lips. Yoongi couldn't help but grin. He snapped a few quick pictures before tapping the video button. Jungkook's head came back to an upright position, his eyes wide as he just stared at Yoongi as a smile tugged at his lips.

"It's so bubbly!" he shouted after he swallowed, his grin wide and face bright. Jungkook's eyes widened again and he quickly slapped a hand over his mouth.

Yoongi laughed, "What's the matter?"

Jungkook's smile had slipped from his face and his head was lowered, his eyes focused on his lap, "I'm sorry I was loud. I didn't mean to yell."

Yoongi's own smile fell into a frown, "What? Jungkook, are you serious? Don't be ridiculous."

Yoongi had been noticing there was always something off about Jungkook. While he seemed to be striving to be a normal, happy, energetic teenage boy there was always something lurking under the skin or in his mind that stopped him. He would smile or laugh before immediately stopping and now he had apologized for being excited about having his first soda. What was wrong?

Jungkook looked panicked at Yoongi's question, "I'm sorry, adjussi..."

Yoongi pulled a face, letting go of the soda incident for a moment, "Did you just call me adjussi?" Jungkook nodded slowly. Yoongi scoffed, "I'm not that old, Jungkook. Call me hyung."

Yoongi realized he really needed to talk privately with Namjoon and Jin about Jungkook's tendencies. perhaps they knew what was going on or what to do...

==============

Please comment!

Also, I'm sorry about this short chapter! I was gone all day today and it's made it so hard to update, i'm very tired :/

Please go check out Pretty Boy!