6

Yoongi didn't know why he was there, he simply knew his feet would often carry him in the strangest directions and once he looked up he'd find himself very lost. This time was no different. He had been so deep in thought on his walk that he hadn't paid too much attention to the direction he was walking or where his feet were taking him. When he finally looked up, snapping himself back into reality, he found himself in the slums of the city – the dangerous part of the city.

He looked around quickly, making sure he wasn't spotted. If anyone had seen his clothing or the Rolex he wore on his left wrist he was sure he would be mugged or worse. He needed to go and get back home. It was almost dark in the city, dusk was painting the sky were brilliant hues of orange and pink. He couldn't enjoy such a beautiful sunset, however. He knew he needed to leave and quickly.

As he passed one of the last alleyways on his way out, he heard a cry. It stopped him in his tracks, but when he looked into the dim lit space he couldn't see anything. Still, something kept him from moving. He heard a whimper a few moments later. He took one last look down the open street and the darkening sky before plunging into the darkness of the alley.

It only took him a moment to find what had made the sound. A boy sat up against a dirty wall, his eyes screwed shut and a bloodied hand covering his mouth as he breathed heavily. He looked like he was trying to remain silent but small noises kept making their way past his lips. Yoongi approached him carefully, reaching out a hand once he was close enough to poke the boy's shoulder.

He looked eerily familiar. Dark hair matted down with dirt, large eyes squeezed shut and rapid, halting breaths coming from his slightly parted lips.

The boy's eyes fluttered open, widening at the sight of Yoongi. His bloodied hand left his mouth and found its way to tangle into Yoongi's shirt. He pulled Yoongi closer, tears in his red rimmed eyes as he muttered a weak, "Help me,"

Yoongi's own eyes widened at the voice.

Jungkook.

He picked the boy up. He was light, too light for Yoongi's liking.

"Don't worry, I've got you, I'm getting you to a hospital... I swear you'll be ok – I'm gonna take care of you." Yoongi mumbled into the boy's ear as he carried him. He didn't intend to carry him too far, just far enough where he could set him down and then call an ambulance and wait in safety. Jungkook curled into his warmth, small sobs wracking his body whenever Yoongi would jostle him around to move faster.

Luckily, Yoongi didn't run into any trouble. He laid the younger down, letting him lay his head on Yoongi's legs. With shaky hands, he dialed the hospital. The ambulance came around ten minutes later, paramedics rushing to Jungkook before hauling him away. Yoongi barely jumped into the ambulance before they were off to the hospital. The paramedics were yelling at each other, hooking Jungkook up to a heart monitor and putting an IV in his arm. Yoongi felt out of breath – panicked – as he watched the paramedics yell certain things at each other. Despite speaking the same language, their words were foreign to Yoongi. He knew they were speaking in medical terms but it still worried him. It sounded quite bad.

Jungkook's breathe would hitch every time the ambulance hit a rough bump. A mask was slipped over his mouth to help him breathe.

"What's wrong?" Yoongi asked one of the paramedics trying to read one of the monitors.

The man's eyes cut to Yoongi, "It looks like a severe beating. The gangs in this area are pretty violent and from the looks of him and where we picked you up, he might be mixed up with them."

"But... how bad is he hurt?" Yoongi's eyes raked over Jungkook's form. He was set on a makeshift bed, tubes in his arms and breathing mask on his face. Blood was beginning to dry on his clothes and face. He looked half dead, pale skin looking even paler than it should and does eyes clamped shut in pain. A needle was stuck into his arm, issuing a small groan of pain before he seemed to fall asleep.

"There's multiple contusions and stab wounds from what we can see already." His eyes left the monitor, his fingers gripping a pair of scissors before cutting away the shirt Jungkook was wearing.

Yoongi's eyes widened and he felt sick as he saw the bloodbath that was Jungkook's chest. His torso was tinged scarlet red, the liquid slick against his skin putting his thin body in a very odd light. Yoongi could see his ribs and the wounds where he had been stabbed. They were till leaking and looked beyond painful.

"Will he live?" Yoongi was worried at the sight.

The paramedic sighed softly, going about trying to patch the young man up, "I don't know."

============

Please comment! It really helps me!