16

Jungkook had refused to answer Yoongi's question. He had broken down into even more tears, pleading and begging for god knows what as Yoongi tried to make sense of all the words he was spluttering out.

Yoongi was left to pick up the pieces of a shattered little boy all alone and he had no idea what to do. Yoongi had always been gruff. He had always demanded or ordered things from people because they were frightened of him or at least wary of him to do as he said or answer quickly. Jungkook was frightened, too, but in a totally different way and a way Yoongi didn't like at all.

"Jungkook... who is he? Did he hit you? The man you won't talk about." At this point Jungkook was absolutely sobbing and Yoongi pulled the shaking boy into his lap. Jungkook tried to fight at first, letting small little whimpers leave his throat. He didn't seem to like being held and the more Yoongi tightened his grip, the more Jungkook shook.

Jungkook was finally able to subside his crying into hiccupping sniffles. Once his breathing calmed as well and he wiped his stinging, red rimmed eyes he just quietly asked Yoongi if he could go and take a shower. Of course Yoongi agreed. He stood, with Jungkook still in his arms. Yoongi noted once more how incredibly light he was before carrying him into the bathroom and setting him on the side of the bathtub. Yoongi fetched a towel and washcloth, letting the water run and starting the shower when the water was warm enough.

"Are you ok?" Yoongi soaked the washcloth he had gotten for Jungkook in the lukewarm water. He wrung it out before gently dabbing at Jungkook's flushed face. Jungkook made a small sound in the back of his throat but he leaned into Yoongi's touch, thankful for the affection of such a small action and enjoying the way the cloth dragged almost roughly against his cheek.

He didn't reply verbally. To Yoongi it was almost as if Jungkook had just shut down. All he received was a short nod. Yoongi took that as his cue to leave and let Jungkook get undressed and showered.

Yoongi left, closing the door behind him and slipping his phone out of his pocket to immediately text Jin. He told his friend what had happened and asked for some kind of guidance. If there was one thing Yoongi couldn't do well, it was deal with emotional people. After a few minutes of waiting, Yoongi slipped his phone back into his pocket and went back to his the kitchen to get a drink.

Jungkook's voice could be heard, soft and melodious, bouncing through the walls of the house and drifting into Yoongi's ears. He mounted the steps once more. Yoongi considered himself a composer of not only music, but beauty and art. However, he couldn't say he had ever heard anything as beautiful as Jungkook's voice as the words tumbled past his soaked lips in a smooth and honeyed tune. Yoongi found himself slipping down the wall right beside the door, sitting and listening to Jungkook's words. Some of them were in English but the majority were in Korean.

Yoongi wondered how stunning Jungkook would look on stage. The boy would most likely have a panic attack but the thought of him with his hair done, wearing a glitzed out coat and holding a microphone in his hand as he let the whole world into his mind and world of music was absolutely perfect. Jungkook's talent was raw and unharnessed but there was something so undeniably perfect about the way his words came out and how he would never stutter and never search for the next sentence of his ballad.

But Jungkook was afraid – it was clear to see, the boy was afraid of almost everything. Yoongi knew he would never stand on stage in the shape he was currently in. Jungkook was enslaved by some fear that he would not disclose and until Jungkook came to terms with that or conquered it completely, he could never be the star Yoongi wanted to make him. He would stay captured in his own haunting hell.

Music was a part of Jungkook and Yoongi wanted to set it free.

==========================

Ok I think I'm gonna have them start having some skinship :)

Please comment and vote! :D