36

Jin drove in silence. He didn't really have anything else to say to Jungkook. He did like the boy but he had to draw the line somewhere. He didn't know what had happened but he wanted to fix it and until everything was fixed, eh wouldn't rest or be particularly sweet like his usual motherly self. He had called Namjoon while driving and told him to go back to Yoongi's and that he had Jungkook.

Jin pulled up into Yoongi's driveway and unfasted his seatbelt, waiting for Jungkook to do the same. The younger did so after a hard stare from Jin but his motions were sluggish and slow almost as if he was underwater. He seemed exceptionally exhausted but Jin couldn't find it within himself to care. He needed to make sure Yoongi was ok. Yoongi was his first priority and if having Jungkook back made Yoongi happy then Jin would go from there.

Jin truly did like Jungkook. He was super quiet and that of course raised a lot of red flags for Jin. He also had a lot of habits of someone who had been abused. Jin had seen that quite clearly and after speaking with Yoongi after the first week or so that Jungkook had stayed it only became more and more apparent that wherever he had come from had been terrible. But Jin didn't understand why he was running away and acting out now. It didn't make sense to him.

The two got out of the vehicle and Jin all but dragged Jungkook to the door by his arm. He was about to twist the knob open when Jungkook caught his hand,

"Hyung, please..." he wouldn't meet Jin's eyes.

Jin's brow had furrowed. They were here already so why try and say anything now? "What?"

Jungkook bit his lip as his eyes took on a glassy look, "What if he hates me?"

Jin had to lean forward to hear the whimpered out words but he straightened soon enough and huffed, "Yoongi is literally in love with you, Jungkook. You'll have to try very hard to get him to hate you."

Still Jungkook didn't move or let go of Jin's hand, "What if he doesn't want me anymore, hyung? I'm too much trouble..."

Jin was all but ready to simply agree with Jungkook and say something like, "Yeah, you are, now let's go," but he held his tongue. Jungkook needed some kind of reassurance, "Yoongi has never done this for anyone, Jungkook." Jin sighed. It was almost true. He had been like this for only one other person but Jin wouldn't mention him now, "I didn't see what happened but the way Namjoon described it... he's very hurt. He wants you back."

Jungkook seemed to accept this answer, at least for now. He let go of Jin's hand and let the man usher him inside. All of the lights were out but Jin could hear the sound of Namjoon's voice in the living room and the sniffs and hacked sobs coming from Yoongi. Jin's chest tightened. He didn't like even hearing Yoongi cry. It made him almost as upset as Yoongi must have been.

Jin puled Jungkook into the living room and flipped on a light switch on his way. Yoongi was on the couch with his head buried in his hands and Namjoon was cautiously trying to rub his shoulder, almost as if afraid Yoongi would just push him away. It wouldn't have been surprising if Yoongi had but in this case he only seemed to lean into the touch – wanting and needing some kind of physical assurance and comfort.

Jin pushed the youngest forward and in Yoongi's direction. Namjoon finally noticed them and sighed in relief. He looked annoyed and that was understandable. Jungkook nodded to him in silent apology, keeping his head ducked down and trying to make himself look small.

Jungkook gnawed on his bottom lips and pulled at his fingers before digging his nails into his skin as a way of helping himself stay grounded and composed, "Yoongi hyung?" His voice cracked as he called out but Yoongi's head whipped up at the sound of his voice.

"Jungkook – thank god you're ok!" Yoongi lit up at the sight of the younger and Jungkook felt nothing but guilt as he took in Yoongi's flushed face and swollen eyes. There was no anger. There was no reprimand on the tip of his tongue. There was only concern there and Jungkook felt himself crumbling a bit more. He wouldn't be punished for running away.

Yoongi jumped up, ready to pull Jungkook into a hug, his arms already outstretched but he stopped himself and let his hands drop to his sides almost glumly. He knew Jungkook didn't like hugs. Or being touched. But Yoongi gasped out in surprise when Jungkook closed the gap between them, not reaching out but giving Yoongi silent permission to embrace him as he settled his head on the older's chest. Yoongi was quick to wrap his arms around Jungkook then and hold him close. He squeezed the younger against himself and let his nose nudge into Jungkook's neck before burying his head in the crook of Jungkook's neck to just let himself cry a bit more. He was so happy Jungkook was back safely. He wanted to hold the boy and kiss him and keep him safe. He didn't want to argue or fight and he just wanted Jungkook to be happy.

"Please don't ever do that again..." Yoongi whispered into Jungkook's hair.

Jungkook only nodded against the man's chest, a part of him joyous to be back in Yoongi's warm embrace because no matter what, Jungkook had come to know Yoongi as home. And it was good to be home.

=================

Please comment and vote!

Sorry it's lame, but no more angst for rn!