vii.

Living in the same room, or house, as other girls had its own perks. And surely one of it is having the best hands to help you out on getting ready before a date.

By getting ready, they mean that they're turning you more human and decent than normal so that your date night wouldn't turn into a scare fest.

"Is the eyeliner really necessary?" Sapphire groaned, her eye twitching as an uncomfortable liquid pen glided over her eyes.

"Do you want to look like you've never slept a wink? No? Okay, then stay still," Lexee complained, biting her lip in concentration. "This eyeliner will make your eyes look popping, and by that, I mean more wide and less sleepy."

"I get decent sleep!" The girl defensively claimed, but really, she's more engrossed on her phone than sleep at night.

Lexee simply dismissed her, not wanting to mess up the catliner she almost finished.

"Now, stand up and do a twirl," Nat ordered, eyeing the girl.

Sapphire, rolling her eyes but easily complying, stood up and did a forced turn with a not-so-willing look on her face. Truth be told, she was actually nervous on the inside and she secretly wanted to look good for the boy. This date was different than their usual hangouts.

They haven't been on that much serious dates, and this is only like the second time they really went out. Not that she was complaining because they just like to stay chill. The other times were them just lounging around, being total slobs and laughing at funny videos all day long.

"Girl, you look cute!" Tati exclaimed.

Sapphire was clad in a pair of high waisted denim skinny jeans that made her legs appear longer than usual, and a mustard yellow cropped hoodie she didn't know she had but actually existed within the depths of her suitcase. Since it was like 4 degrees outside, she already had a coat with her.

"A date with Sean?" A new voice resounded across the room, their heads snapping to where the voice came from, which was the bedroom door.

It was Jordyn. "Nice outfit," she smirked, but none of her words sounded genuine. "Goodluck."

"Thanks," Sapphire muttered, not sure if she even needed to say that at all. But atleast she was nice.

Suddenly, the door bursted open and Charlize came in, whisper-shouting, "he's here!"

"Yeah, Char, it's not like the boys' room is just beside us," Kaycee said.

"I'd like to keep the date tension up, thank you very much."

Sapphire was pushed to the door, and every step taken made her heart plummet to the floor even more.

Would he like what I'm wearing? Or is this too much already? Or is it not enough? These shorts may be too short. Is my hoodie too bright? Or should we just stay home and finish How I Met Your Mother? Is this even a good idea? Is it? Is it?! God, I am one inexperienced human being.

Then there he was, standing on the right side of the staircase, looking effortlessly great in his jean jacket, staring at her with the most adoring eyes one has ever seen.

He's looking at her like he's falling in love with her all over again, and it made her heart dance around her ribcage like a total maniac.

"You look beautiful," was what he first said as they walked towards each other. "Like really beautiful."

"You too," Sapphire's eyes widened, "I mean handsome, but you're really pretty too. Or beautiful. Is that even right?"

Sean laughed at his girl, taking her hand in his. "I don't get called 'pretty' a lot, so that's a really great compliment, S."