xi.

Exhausted would be an understatement if you looked at the way Sean seemed a lot gloomier and a lot less like his usual goofy self.

Sean couldn't sleep peacefully at all. He tossed and turned in his bed, his head spinning and spinning and spinning with thousand of thoughts all centered on one troubled girl: Sapphire.

He slept for only one hour? Two hours? But it sure wasn't a goodnight's sleep, as he restlessly wondered where Sapphire was. He couldn't help but think of her.

He just wanted to know what she was doing, or how she was, or what she needs and the endless calls and texts he sent were proof of that.

He deeply knew he needed to be there for her, but that would be hard to do since the girl never responded to any of his messages. He sounded so needy, so clingy even, but he just wanted to be there for her when things go rough; especially with something as horrendous as this.

Last Night

Sapphire bolted through those double doors, and Sean immediately followed after her as if it was a natural reflex of his that he developed these months.

She ran down the house's front yard, immediately turning to the left as she rushed to nowhere. She was running away from herself.

"Sapphire!" He called out in a panic, trying to catch up to the girl who was running away in the night. "Sapphire! Just please stop!"

The night air was cold, but his body immediately warmed up at the running he was doing. He desperately needed to reach Sapphire before something else goes wrong; hopefully, nothing else does go wrong.

"Sean? Sean Lew?!" A stranger, probably a fan, halted him in his steps as they stepped out from the dark. "Oh my God, it is you!"

Sean kept his gaze trained on Sapphire who only ran faster, and the boy bounced on his feet in impatience while trying to plaster on a fake smile for the fan. He didn't want to be rude, but he also couldn't even focus on whoever halted him.

"I really have to go. It's urgent," Sean rushed in frustration, hoping the fan would get the hint.

The fan, who was a girl his age, frowned upon noticing the scrunched up expression on his face as his eyes stared right ahead. "Is anything wrong?"

"Yes!" Sean exclaimed, and finally swerved away from the fan as he started running once again.

His worry grew once his girl was nowhere in sight. Only the moonlit and deserted streets greeted his sight, with a few cars going north and south.

"C'mon, where are you? Where are you? Where are you?" He whispered to himself, going in circles, hoping to spot the familiar small figure that belonged to the girl he was looking for.

But Sean knew he was too late.

"Sean!" Julian shook the boy lightly, who suddenly spaced out, "you really have to sleep before we go for table reading."

Sean snapped out of his trance, focusing on Julian and then diverting his attention to the phone he was gripping in his hand. He looked at the doors, hoping that the girl would walk through those doors any second now. But still, there was no sign of Sapphire.