xxx.

After two months, the movie was going at a great pace. The production was going smoothly and scenes were being shot perfectly. Everyone felt even more comfortable with each other as their time spent together created a stronger bond between them, and their excitement for the movie grew even bigger even though they were exhausted each and every day.

But Sean and Sapphire seemed to be going at a different pace with each other.

Two months before, when they left the trailer after their heated exchange, Sean instantly got a call from Todrick who was finally launching his tour. The excitement was buzzing, and Sapphire was extremely proud when she found out Sean was going to be his backup dancer, along with Jordyn Jones and Kaycee Rice.

She hoped that it ended there, and they were just going to celebrate.

But wrong, because all the time Sean spent with rehearsals, was the time he started becoming distant from Sapphire.

They barely see each other, and even though at first they facetimed and texted every time they had a vacant hour, it slowly faded to minutes to seconds to nothing at all — not even a message, a photo, a video, or a call. Nothing.

Sure, they were on the same set of filming. But that was it, Sean would film his parts, and then he would ace it, then he would go on to ride a car back to Brickhouse NYC where they rehearse immensely for Todrick's tour and music video. Sapphire would catch glimpses of him when they were on the same scene, and they would interact when their characters would. But that's it — that's all of it. With no explanation from Sean, or just a call saying how he can't be around or talk that much because of how busy he is.

It didn't help that it fueled Jordyn's spark even more.

"Hey, Sapphire." The girl recognized the sickly sweet tone all too well, and she didn't have to look up from her script to see who it was. "Heard the good news?"

"You're getting shipped back to the junkyard?" Sapphire sarcastically said, popping the bubblegum she was chewing. "Great!"

"Oooh, better than that," Jordyn responded, with the same unfading mocking tone behind her voice. "I get to spend more time with Sean, and you don't."

Sapphire almost wanted to burst out laughing at how childish that sounded. Jordyn resembled a child who bragged about every single little thing her mom gave her, and Sapphire wasn't sure if she would be amused or annoyed.

"Congratulations, then. Happy for you." Sapphire shot her a sardonic smile before returning to reading her script. She was seriously falling behind on familiarizing them.

"You do know I actually can take him away from you, right?"

"Right."

"He was mine first. It won't be hard to take him back."

"He's not a property you can just own. He's his own person." Sapphire can't help but let a disgusted tone coat her voice. "He makes his own decisions."

"Didn't you know he confessed to liking me before I left LA? Did he tell you that he liked me, before he used you to act as a replacement? I'm still the one he likes, Sapphire, and I'll show you just that."

Sapphire's jaw dropped at the blonde girl's audacity to even be that ridiculous. The girl wanted to ignore the part where Sean liked her before, but she can't. Because he never told Sapphire that — not before, not now, not ever. A huge part of her hoped Jordyn was lying.

"From that look on your face, I guess he never actually told you." Jordyn looked victorious. "Suspicious, hmm."

But Sapphire was intent on not letting her get under her skin. With a hard, blank facade, Sapphire gripped Jordyn's collar and said harshly to her face, "I don't give a fuck about what you say, Jordyn. I trust Sean, and I know he won't even dare look at you as more than his plastic little bestfriend. Now stop with the fucking immaturity, and waddle along your barbie world."