xv.

"That's my coffee!"

"No, it isn't? It's mine, you asswipe."

"It's mine, you wet tissue. See that lip mark over there? That's the exact same shape my lips have."

"That's the exact shape my lips have." Sapphire mocked in a low voice, rolling her eyes. "Do your lips have shiny lipgloss on them, coffee hog?"

"Does that mug have a shiny lip print, caffeine stealer? I don't think so."

"UGH!" The girl groaned out loud, glaring at the smug boy.

"You actually look like a child having tantrums." The boy gave her a once over and bursted out laughing.

She had on Hello Kitty Shorts and fuzzy slippers that looked like it has furry balls in them, and she resembled a fuming child that doesn't want to share her toys. Sean just couldn't take her seriously.

"Ugh! You're so..... mean!" The girl turned around and grabbed Julian, who was still walking around sleepily with eyes half closed. "I'll go with Julian, who is a lot nicer than you!"

"I am?" Julian confusedly ask as Sapphire dragged him to the kitchen, while Sean was still laughing at Sapphire.

The girl turned to the boy who stood amused by the dining table, and glared at him one last time before turning back to Julian. "In this context, you are."

Bailey, Tati, Kaycee and Charlize were by the stove, cooking eggs while trying to not burn it.

"Remind me again why we didn't let Sean cook?" Tati asked while protecting herself with a towel as she flipped the egg. "It's like I'm fencing with food."

"Because we are independent women who need no man," Kaycee muttered, outstretching her hand with an empty plate towards Tati.

Sapphire's annoyance slipped away and she laughed at how awfully disorganized the girls looked while attempting to cook. But before she could say anything, a new voice coming from the kitchen entrance halted her.

"Hey, Sapphire. Can we talk?" The blonde haired girl, who looked to be just done from the shower, hesitantly said.

"I think you should know that you don't have the right to breathe around Sa--"

"It's okay, Bails." Saph sent the asian girl, who was ready to go off, a reassuring smile even though she was slightly suspicious of this morning talk. "What do you wanna talk about?"

"Privately?"

"Okay, what do you have to talk about in priv--"

"Bailey," Sapphire cut her off, "it's fine. We needed to talk anyways."

The short haired girl sent one last glare towards Jordyn before sighing and waving them off. "Fine. Just call me if I need to cut the trash."

"Bails."

"Sorry!"

"So what was it again, Jordyn?" Sapphire turned to the blonde haired girl who awkwardly stood a good feet away from them.

"Can we talk in the basement?"

Sapphire, who slightly tilted her head to the side in confusion, replied with, "yeah. Sure."

On the way out from the kitchen, Sean sent her an encouraging look while he and Josh Price seemed to be filming a freestyle video in the living room. Somehow, it lightened up Sapphire's wary heart a bit.

Once they stood silently in the basement, with mirrors awkwardly surrounding them like a creepy fun house, they didn't know what to say to each other.