xxxii.

The first thing she felt when she woke up was the unnecessarily swollen eyelids she had that begged her to not move her eyes at all. But she had to, because she felt a furry creature licking up her face and she wanted to see who.

And it was her favorite baby of all time.

"Oreo!" She cheered, but her voice came out groggy and husky, much like an old man's after a night at the pub. "You're a good girl. Yes, you are, you are, and I missed my good girl!"

The black and white dog continued cuddling up to her side, licking her face up while she giggled. She gently scratched her head, giddy to hear Oreo's cute bark yet again. Something about her favorite pup made her feel calm, almost cozy if you must.

"Good to know you replaced me with Oreo." Sean stood by the door, crossing his arms as he contentedly stared. "I'm not complaining though."

Sapphire's hands froze on Oreo's fur at the sound of his voice, and the dog felt the sudden highrise of tension in the room. The girl knew that when the dog suddenly moved to get out of the room, much to Sapphire's disappointment. She could really use the pupper for comfort right now.

Clearing her throat, she unconsciously fixed her hair and wiped her mouth from any drool. Deliberately standing up, she crossed her arms infront of her chest and cleared her throat again. But silence enveloped the two.

C'mon, say something. She groaned internally. She didn't like how awkward it was, and she had to get out of the room.

It was embarrassing enough that the remnants of last night were slowly getting back to her memory jar. But now, she didn't exactly know how to act around the boy.

"I made, uhh, breakfast," Sean awkwardly said, doing weird hand gestures. "Uhm, yeah. Scrambled eggs? And uh, bacon pancetta? Yeah, and I made iced coffee with cinnamon, too."

"Oh, okay." Sapphire nodded profusely, slowly walking over to the door where Sean stood. "Thanks..?"

When she was right infront of Sean, she suddenly felt shy and she wasn't sure if she was supposed to look up at him, or pat him in the shoulder, or just walk past.

But before she could move another inch, a pair of arms suddenly captured her in a warm embrace that made her feel a million times better.

"Okay, fuck this awkwardness. I'm just gonna hug you until it goes away," he muttered in annoyance, hugging her tight and she couldn't help but giggle. "I'm really sorry, okay? I'm never doing that again, I swear, I promise, I'll become a better boyfriend, and I'll forever keep that oath until the day I roll in my grave."

Looking up at him slightly, she flashed him a genuine smile that made him visibly exhale in relief. "Boys say that all the time, yet they go around to fuck you up yet again for the nth time. Try again, Lew."

The smile that started to form on Sean's lips suddenly dropped in a millisecond, and it took Sapphire a lot in her to stop from snorting infront of him. With a slight push, the girl moved away from the boy and sashayed away, leaving Sean with a gaping mouth and a frozen stance.

A noisy Sarah, Serris, Miya, Cheuk and Sapphire, and a silent Sean breakfast later, Sapphire was hand in hand with Bailey and Kaycee as they all walked down the sidewalk to get to the West Coast Dance Theatre.

"So, you guys are okay? Like, now?" Bailey asked with scrunched eyebrows, her stare going back and forth from Sapphire to the asian boy trailing from behind with Julian and Josh.

Sapphire shrugged, popping another pretzel in her mouth from Kaycee's box. "I was being," she paused, snorting a little at the memory of Sean's face, "petty."