xxii.

After distractedly thanking Mila again for the support and for the effort she took to wait for Sapphire in the café, the girl took wary steps towards the entrance.

Kaycee and Bailey were the first to notice her, and they immediately hailed her over to a vacant seat. It was nowhere near Sean's, since Jordyn took up his right side and Will was on the left.

He didn't even seem to notice her arrive, nor did he reply to any of her texts.

Stop it, Sapphire. You sound ridiculous.

"Hey girl, how was it?" Kaycee immediately asked once they sat down next to each other. "I got you your usual food and drink. Is that okay?"

Sapphire smiled in a way that didn't reach her eyes. "Of course, Kaycee, it was great actually. Maddie and Lilia were loving, as per usual."

"I'm jealous." Kaycee pouted, then laughed. "You totally missed out on the fun though!"

"Please do tell then. I'd love to hear all about it, and sulk over it with jealousy afterwards."

Bailey and Kaycee snorted at that, before launching into a comical storytelling while completely overlapping each of their sentences at some point. But Sapphire understood with an amused smile on her face, both because of their hand gestures and expressions, and the stories.

"So yeah, imagine Josh's horror when he wore clothes too little on him." That was Bailey.

"And later on, realized there must be a mix-up because of how Sean's were awkwardly oversi--" Kaycee was cut off.

"I mean, yeah, he wears oversized stuff all the time but it looked really awkward, like the shirt shouldn't be oversized and it was stretched by a giant."

"But hey, you get the point."

"And then it was Jordyn who first realized it, and then we laughed when she pointed it out. And then she whispered to me and Kaycee and Tati that Sean looked like a clothes hanger, which was totally true."

"And then after that, like we asked Jordyn to come hang out at the dressing room instead when the boys woul--"

"Jordyn? And you?" Sapphire almost snorted her drink out. "Is this real life? Did Jordyn and Bailey got into one room without an asian girl pulling off a blonde strand?"

Bailey stared at the girl weirdly. "I said I would do that?"

"Indirectly."

Bailey straightened up in strange realization. "Oh, okay. But I totally changed my mind now. I was wrong in judging her because she's really nice, and kind. Right, Kaycee?"

Sapphire couldn't believe what she was hearing. Not a week ago, and the girls were completely not on board with the whole Jordyn Jones situation, and they weren't exactly the best when it comes to her.

They even wanted to strangle her, for God's sake.

So hearing all of this from Bailey, who always had her nerves up around the blonde girl, made Sapphire question what Jordyn Jones did.

"Yeah, she's really nice and funny. She's fun to hang out with!" Kaycee exclaimed, and brought out her phone. "Look at these snaps we took when we played with the hair curlers of some sort."

When Sapphire looked at the snaps and she saw that they were genuinely having fun, she wondered if Jordyn was only a bitch to her, and her only. Or if she was wrong about what she thought of the girl all this time.

But Sapphire's mind always went back to the time Jordyn showed her colors im the basement.

"Right. Right," Sapphire absentmindedly said as her gaze fell on the blonde girl across her. "Right."