xxxiv.

Sore legs, lazy hours, and sweaty joggers were enough to put the two in an Uber back to Sean's house to just take a nap and spend quiet time together.

Sapphire's hair was bunched up in a messy bun atop her head, some wisps of hair falling to the sides of her face. Her lips were dusted with a toothy smile as she threw her head back to laugh, her fingers throwing a stray piece of puzzle at Sean as he can't stop repeating the vine Sapphire showed him minutes ago.

"Lebron James!" He mocked in a hightone, his voice failing at copying the kid. "LebrUuuhn Juymes."

"St.. stop." The girl's eyes were watering with laughter tears. "You sound so stupid."

"You're stupid," Sean threw back with a chuckle, tossing a pillow. "Stop throwing puzzle pieces, missy, we need to finish this 1000 pieced puzzle you somehow got."

"The cat looked pretty, okay! I mean, even Oreo agrees." The girl turned to the dog who lazily napped on the floor. "Right, babygirl? Right!"

Sean can't help but roll his eyes at her in amusement, slightly laughing at how the girl hauled Oreo up and put her in her lap.

"Sean, play some music while we're doing this. I can't focus. My mind's just goes whoosh, and I just really want to finish this damn devil," she rambled on, glaring at the puzzle. "Damn cat."

Sean's eyes lit up, his mind flashing to something he remembered he made up when they first flew in to New York. A soft smile suddenly making its way to his face, his eyes travelling to Sapphire as his fingers tapped away on his phone.

The first few beats of the music played, and Sapphire's eyes widened. "Na na na na yeah, you are the music in me! MY HIGHSCHOOL MUSICAL HEART!"

"Bails sent me that video of you dancing around in the kitchen to Fabulous, so I guess I'd just have to keep that in mind." Sean shrugged, watching Sapphire's face blush in embarrassment. "Cute llama shorts."

"Oh, God, why th- Sean, sing with me! Let's fill my Gabriella and Troy fantasy!"

The girl stood up, pulling Sean to stand a long with her as she moved side by side with a bounce in her step. "Your harmony, to the melody. It's echoing inside my head! A single voice!"

Sean hopped closer to Sapphire, and slung an arm over her shoulder with his eyebrows quirked up adorably. "A single voice!"

"Above the noise, and like a common thread," they faced each other with squinted eyes and small giggles, "hmmm, you're pulling me."

Then they danced around the room, twirling around and bouncing on their feet as they sang the lyrics to each other with huge smiles on their faces.

"When I hear my favorite, I know that we belong," Sapphire twirled, death dropping with a dreamy look on her face. How comical.

"Ohh!" Sean belted out, tightly squeezing his eyes to be more dramatic. Then with a wide grin, he pointed to Sapphire on the floor. "You are the music in me!"

They didn't care if it was offbeat or if Oreo was dancing along with them by their feet, what mattered was the lighthearted happiness there was. And the fact that they were just jamming to their favorite childhood movies, like Sapphire's imagination when she was still a kid who loved to ship Troy and Gabriella before it was a thing.

And Sean lowkey wanted to be Troy, too.

"Because you are the music in me," Sapphire did a head bang, jumping on the bed. "Na na na na, oh."

Sean jumped on the bed along with her, and clutched his chest dramatically. He pretended the stray gel bottle was a microphone, jamming to it quite realistically. "Na na na na, yeah yeah yeah."