xiii.

Sapphire knew that she couldn't stay in the bathroom forever. Even if she wanted to hole herself up in there, she knew she couldn't and Sean wouldn't agree to it either.

"I promise. They don't think any differently of you. You have to trust me, S," Sean reassured, taking her cheeks in his hands to softly gaze in her eyes. "They're your friends, your family, and they would always understand and love who you are."

Sapphire contemplated it silently for a minute, mentally preparing herself for the worst that they would say to her. She had to make sure she wouldn't just break down once she looks them in the eye.

With a sigh, she nodded slowly, letting a somewhat tight lipped smile grace her lips, "okay."

It was awkward at first. She walked behind Sean, almost hiding behind him as the both of them walked to the diner right beside the production compound.

The bell's door dinged as the two made an entrance. And their friends who sat near the door immediately went quiet as they realized who Sean was with.

Tightly gripping Sean's hand, she whispered, "i think we should go back."

"Nope," and then Sean lightly shoved her infront of him.

She stumbled quite a bit, making eye contact with the floor as she is highly unsure now. But with Sean encouragingly nudging her back, she slowly lifted her head to meet their expectant and relieved faces.

Thank God Jordyn wasn't here. The blonde girl made her blood boil to no end.

"Hey," she muttered softly, almost inaudible but it was enough for them to hear.

It was as if her voice finally broke down the final bit of worried barrier. They all stood up one by one, saying their hellos and giving Sapphire hugs like what they would normally do.

They decided that they would just act normal around Sapphire like nothing happened instead of being alien and wary, so that she wouldn't feel even more uncomfortable with the situation. They all knew in the back of their minds that their curiousity was still bursting at the seams, but as of this moment, they knew that they shouldn't add on to the emotional baggage Sapphire was still carrying on her shoulders.

That's what family is supposed to do: understand, and care.

And for that, Sapphire was eternally grateful. She will answer whatever questions they would throw at her in the future. But for now, she just wanted to sleep.

"I already got you a milkshake, lamb over rice, margherita pizza, plus--"

"A cheesecake," Julian finished, gulping down the chewed fries. "He ordered a week's worth of food for you."

Sheepishly, Sean lightly pushed Sapphire to a free seat while the girl lightly laughed. Sean brightened a bit more at the genuine sound.

"I have to feed the hungry beast inside," Sean teased. "But I know you're hungry."

"Damn right, I am," and the both of them laughed, while the others were secretly smiling to themselves.

Sapphire was back.

And the girl gratefully felt the invisible heavy boulder on her shoulder lift off. She was finally relieved. Ever since the day she decided to hide this secret of hers, she knew that this would come up as a huge disaster soon enough in her life. Secrets always had their way of getting to the surface, and Sapphire was thankful that she finally was over with one difficult part of her life.